CCI 22 LR 21 Grain Lead-Free

This was my first time with this ammo at the range and the first test of lead free. It was fun to shoot, clean, accurate, an overall pleasure and a great improvement over the dirty Federal stuff I was using. A little more costly, but worth it for the peace of mind.

The only thing that was troublesome that a few times the slide of my M&P 22 wouldn't lock when I shot all my rounds. One of my troubles with this little gun is that I accidentally squeeze the magazine catch I'll have to go back to tease out the problem, I'll wager.

Re: CCI 22 LR 21 Grain Lead-Free

I shot this again today, and am very happy with the cleanliness of it. The Federal I was shooting and even the CCI mini mags seem like mud in comparison. My slide locked after I went through my magazines but there were two or three times I got a failure to load. I am thinking this is just a light ammo thing or maybe a 22lr thing?

SeanMoney wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm Copper. From what what the interent tells me, the light weight may have been the cause of the slide not locking back.
Yeah. Equal and opposite reaction and all that.

All kinds of companies are coming out will all kids of options on .22. I've even seen CB Shorts. Subsonics. All kinds of weights from 32 gr up to 40 gr in LR. Plated, round nose, hollow point, all kinds of stuff. Neat.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote:
SeanMoney wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm Copper. From what what the interent tells me, the light weight may have been the cause of the slide not locking back.
Yeah. Equal and opposite reaction and all that.

All kinds of companies are coming out will all kids of options on .22. I've even seen CB Shorts. Subsonics. All kinds of weights from 32 gr up to 40 gr in LR. Plated, round nose, hollow point, all kinds of stuff. Neat.

Aguila makes a 60 gr. subsonic load.
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster