Sellier & Bellot .45 acp review

Being a long time revolver guy, owning a center fire semi auto pistol presents me with questions I've never asked myself about revolvers. All ammo of the proper caliber and chambering "runs" in all revolvers. Only thing to pay attention to is whether it'll blow up your gun. 8-) Not so with semis. Hanging out in one's LGS allows eavesdropping on conversations in front of the now-locked-up (California) ammo shelves, which is where you'll hear tales of fails to feed, to fire, to eject, tales of stovepipes and dirty actions, and other talk of semi-woes, that this gun or that gun runs or doesn't run this or that ammo. Tales? Fugeddaboudit. I'm a-gonna test, I says to myself.

A proper test would cover all variables. This is not proper. :roll: It's a pretty specific test like the last one, fraught with uncontrolled variables--perfect for a range trip, eh. As if a reason were needed.

One handed Bullseye style at 15 yards, one box. This test is the Sellier & Bellot 230 gr .45 acp, FMJ, brass cased.

sb230.jpg

At least this time I got the pic right side up. I noticed some things. The flash color was different from the Tula I reviewed last time. Where the Tula flash is more orange, this flash is more golden. After 50 rounds, again not a single fail to anything in my Springfield 1911 milspec. Flawless function. The advertised velocity is a very precise 853 fps. Didn't chrony this either. Accuracy was comparable, and the recoil was the same. Here we see 9 out of the black where with the Tula there were 11 out of the black. Except for the three in the lower left that I pulled, this S&B seems to have produced a tighter group than the Tula--this might have more to do with my trying to eliminate that pull to the lower left than it does with the ammo (the Tula pic is upside down). I'll have to do this several more times so a pattern emerges, but one thing for sure, the brass is beautiful.
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack