Re: 4

featureless wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:52 pm Federal HST is the newest "best thing" for whatever that's worth. Just about any bonded hollow point will work, or soft point since it's a revolver.
I just bought a few boxes of 9 mm HST based on the YouTube gelatin tests on the ShootingTheBull410 "Ammo Quest" series. Excellent expansion performance shown even through denim* and, in 9 mm, fairly economical in boxes of 50. Unfortunately, in .38 Special, they only sell boxes of 20 for a high price. But I guess in a revolver, you don't need to shoot a bunch of them to convince yourself that they feed correctly! One $30 box might be a lifetime supply: shoot a couple into water jugs for fun, then save the other 18 for go-time, which hopefully will never come.

*Why is denim the ONLY material anyone ever tests? Don't bad guys sometimes wear leather, down or polyester jackets? I'll bet a JHP plugged with cowhide might be different than one plugged with cotton.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

JaxTeller wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:45 pm

Purchased a box of that. Free shipping with the 204Ruger ammo I purchased and bumped the total to over 25 ;)
Good find!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Yep. In the event that it has to be used in self defense, a major manufacturer is a big deal from a ballistics testing perspective.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou