White Box Ammo in .40 S&W???

I know to stay away from White Box .22LR ammo but what is the scoop on White Box .40 (and centerfire in general)? I've got a Ruger GP100 MC in 10mm coming in soon and I'm going to want to shoot the piss out of it when I get it. The White Box seems to be the best bulk purchase, regardless of vendor. Good idea...bad idea? :hmmm:
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

Re: White Box Ammo in .40 S&W???

Thanx folks. :beer2:

As long as I don't need to worry about misfires, etc that's all I need to hear. I just want to get started with 500 rds. of something, then as time and finances allow, I'll check out what the revolver likes best. I bought it at my LGS, dry fired it a few times (sweeeeet double action pull), then sent it straight to Magnaport Intl. It's been a couple of weeks and I'm getting (justifiably) antsy, but you don't heckle the people who currently possess your firearm. So I'll just sit here and keep obsessively checking my email. :see_stars:
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

lurker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:50 pm i've shot a good bit of wwb 45acp and 223/556 and while it's not exceptionally accurate, it goes bang every time and feeds reliably.
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thank you.

Once I get my revolver and take it to the range, I'll do a write-up and include some snaps.

Quik update for anyone who wants it. Got my revolver and shot an introductory 50 or so rds of the White Box through it at 25-35 feet (indoor range). Functioned well, accuracy from a standing 2-hand grip was encouraging, seemed clean burning enough.

One or two more trips to the range and I'll do a write-up of my new piece in the Handguns section. But I'm liking me budget ammo.

In .22 Winchester White Box was still better than Remington (especially thunderbolt that I have a lot of FTF issues with). The center fire stuff has always been reliable for me, but it is dirtier and less accurate, although less so than steel. Steel is what I have had the most stoppages with. Some requiring significant effort to rectify.

If WWB is on a really good sale I will buy it. Or if I need some quick and its all that I can find locally. But I usually stick with Federal if I can.

K9s wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:38 pm How does it look after the Magnaport work?
The gun? Looks great. Stay tuned. The ammo? The ports weren't too dirty after about 50 rds. Again, I want to do more shooting before a thorough review.

MayhemVI wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm I know to stay away from White Box .22LR ammo but what is the scoop on White Box .40 (and centerfire in general)? I've got a Ruger GP100 MC in 10mm coming in soon and I'm going to want to shoot the piss out of it when I get it. The White Box seems to be the best bulk purchase, regardless of vendor. Good idea...bad idea? :hmmm:
I had feed issues with a couple of pistols that I've owned, a PM-40 and an XD-M I think were the worst. Every round fired however; so I don't think it'll make any difference to a revolver.