Pink Pistols and Trigger Warning

In that oasis, we can freely express our opinions on the latest events in the struggle for marriage equality and also the best self-defense rounds.

In a way, LGC has been our burgeoning Castro District where we are free to be ourselves. But like those other pioneers, we know a community without political voice will always be relegated to the shadows.

The Liberal Gun Owners Association (LGOA) was formed to provide us that voice.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator

HotheadPaisan
Been around awhile

Pink Pistols and Trigger Warning

#1 Post by HotheadPaisan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Any fellow travelers?
I’m NOT the NRA

SwampGrouch
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Pink Pistols and Trigger Warning

#2 Post by SwampGrouch » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm

To borrow from the Red Stripe beer ads a few years ago.

Boo pink colored firearms.

Hooray Pink Pistols organization!

(Not a member, I just think it's a Good Idea.)
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Eris
Chatty

#3 Post by Eris » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm curious about the Pink Pistols, but their Houston group seems to communicate exclusively via FaceBook, so that locks me out.
70+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#4 Post by highdesert » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I too support the goal of the Pink Pistols organization, but they have organizational problems.
Last edited by highdesert on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hiker
Chatty

#5 Post by Hiker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:26 pm

I would love to join either group. Even though I've seen links to local pink pistols chapters, nothing ever pans out on them. I have been part of The Well Armed Woman several years ago. Very conservative as a group.

http://www.breachbangclear.com/trigger- ... -gun-club/
http://www.pinkpistols.org
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Bang
Chatty

#6 Post by Bang » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Nikki Stollard showing up at a white power rally some months ago was a bit offputting, and Gwen Patton not putting her in her place for it was a bit more offputting. So, their public faces seem pretty conservative, and not especially anti racist which is unfortunate.

That said, I've been trying to put together a group near me. If there were more interest I might have local chapter up, but I'd need more people because I don't know how well it would do to have a local chapter organized by a straight man.

Trigger Warning I haven't looked into.

drigeba
Loquacious

#7 Post by drigeba » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:05 pm

San Diego Pink pistols seem to be doing well and staying on message.

With volunteer organizations it's really the luck of the draw when it comes to leadership. Because of that, some worthy organizations falter through no fault of their own.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.
ImageImage

ErikO
Carpal Tunnel

#8 Post by ErikO » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 am

Gainsville, FL PP is good and way off from Nikki's politics. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

SpaceRanger42
Been around awhile

#9 Post by SpaceRanger42 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:39 pm

I really like the idea of the Pink Pistols but I dislike the local group here in Seattle. The general attitude reflected seems to be that they are so terrified of gun grabbing politicians that they would rather support a conservative republican state government which is more likely to throw the the civil rights of the LGBTQ community right out the door. Several of them toe the party line of the NRA without question. I was disappointed with my interaction with that group.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.
Yes, I haz a moose. :D

MaxwellG
Chatty

#10 Post by MaxwellG » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:59 pm

SpaceRanger42 wrote:I really like the idea of the Pink Pistols but I dislike the local group here in Seattle. The general attitude reflected seems to be that they are so terrified of gun grabbing politicians that they would rather support a conservative republican state government which is more likely to throw the the civil rights of the LGBTQ community right out the door. Several of them toe the party line of the NRA without question. I was disappointed with my interaction with that group.
The very Party that supports them would disarm them, the Party hostile to them would uphold their 2A rights. This is messed up.
Mona Lisa had the Highway Blues, you could tell by the way she smiled.

Eris
Chatty

#11 Post by Eris » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 pm

MaxwellG wrote:
SpaceRanger42 wrote:I really like the idea of the Pink Pistols but I dislike the local group here in Seattle. The general attitude reflected seems to be that they are so terrified of gun grabbing politicians that they would rather support a conservative republican state government which is more likely to throw the the civil rights of the LGBTQ community right out the door. Several of them toe the party line of the NRA without question. I was disappointed with my interaction with that group.
The very Party that supports them would disarm them, the Party hostile to them would uphold their 2A rights. This is messed up.

Yup. In politics we LGBT gun owners get to choose between two groups that want to take away our rights, the only difference being which rights they want to take away. My personal preference is to have a Democrat as governor/president, and have the legislature split - one house to Democrats and one to Republicans. That way the Democrats can get important stuff done, but the Republicans can act as a break on excessive things, like gun control.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

zzrguy
Been around awhile

#12 Post by zzrguy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 pm

My friend's brother inlaw is gay after the Florida Night club shooting he felt uncomfortable about gun he knew I am a gun guy and ask me about them. So I took him and his boyfriend shooting. They both now have there pistol licenses. So any group that help educate and bring people into the firearms lifestyle is a big plus. Thanks for the thread and links I just sent them to them.
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!

HotheadPaisan
Been around awhile

#13 Post by HotheadPaisan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:50 pm

I’ve had little contact with the Atlanta Pink Pistols but understand they are pretty right-wing, fwiw. I don’t know if that’s true or if it only applies to some. If so, probably a function of geography.

I’m going to check it out when I can, as well as Trigger Warning.

Mostly, I’d like to hear from lesbian gun owners, who (as in other things) likely differ somewhat from gay men in their reasons for packing.

Also, the NRA can kiss my ass.
I’m NOT the NRA

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#14 Post by highdesert » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:17 pm

zzrguy wrote:My friend's brother inlaw is gay, after the Florida Night club shooting he felt uncomfortable about gun he knew I am a gun guy and ask me about them. So I took him and his boyfriend shooting. They both now have there pistol licenses. So any group that help educate and bring people into the firearms lifestyle is a big plus. Thanks for the thread and links I just sent them to them.
Kudos, I'm sure they were very appreciative for your help.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

koolaidblue
Helpful Contributor

#15 Post by koolaidblue » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Eris wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 pm
MaxwellG wrote:

Yup. In politics we LGBT gun owners get to choose between two groups that want to take away our rights, the only difference being which rights they want to take away. My personal preference is to have a Democrat as governor/president, and have the legislature split - one house to Democrats and one to Republicans. That way the Democrats can get important stuff done, but the Republicans can act as a break on excessive things, like gun control.
Have you looked into some libertarian candidates? They may have a platform that is appealing as a compromise of what you value.

I feel everyone should be able to defend themselves. All humans have a natural right of self defense/ preservation and the sooner people get over stereotypes and obstacles the more likely they are to try and learn about guns

Eris
Chatty

#16 Post by Eris » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:25 pm

koolaidblue wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:08 pm
Eris wrote:
MaxwellG wrote:

Have you looked into some libertarian candidates? They may have a platform that is appealing as a compromise of what you value.

I feel everyone should be able to defend themselves. All humans have a natural right of self defense/ preservation and the sooner people get over stereotypes and obstacles the more likely they are to try and learn about guns
I've occasionally voted Libertarian - almost always if there's no Democrat running, which happens in a lot of local races here. I'm considering voting Libertarian for Senate this year.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

featureless
Chatty

#17 Post by featureless » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Eris wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:25 pm
koolaidblue wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:08 pm
Eris wrote:
MaxwellG wrote:

I've occasionally voted Libertarian - almost always if there's no Democrat running, which happens in a lot of local races here. I'm considering voting Libertarian for Senate this year.
Too bad libertarian sucks on social support systems and the environment. Otherwise, they'd get my votes. Where I live in California, my choice is usually which Democrat I dislike less than the other Democrat. It's interesting how few of us feel represented.