Re: S&W 22 victory

Did your SW22 cycle the sub-sonics reliably?

I was rather astounded when my friend's base model Beretta Neos cycled CCI Quiet ammo without a hitch the first time we shot it right out if the box. I mean like what the heck?!?
:see_stars:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:Did your SW22 cycle the sub-sonics reliably?

I was rather astounded when my friend's base model Beretta Neos cycled CCI Quiet ammo without a hitch the first time we shot it right out if the box. I mean like what the heck?!?
It ran fine with the GemTech ammo. FTFs typically occur if I don't clean it after each range session but other than that I haven't had problems with cycling or FTEs

Bisbee wrote:Did your SW22 cycle the sub-sonics reliably?

Mine cycled Remington Subsonic without a problem.

Broke in the new 22 today. Put 500 rounds down range at various distances. Started close to adjust the sights and figure out a decent grip. Eventually moved it out to 50' to see how I could do. The black sticker in the middle was at 50' with 50 rounds fired at it, 10 per red spot in the corners and middle. Not great, but better than I thought I'd do!

I've been going to a range over the last few months and the I have rekindled the love affair with my Ruger MkII.
Last 3 times out I took it as the 2nd pistol to shoot...been great even ran some Eley ammo for grins.
I'm getting better at the "gymnastics" of reassembly of that pistol too!

A .22 pistol is such a blast...I think I'll start looking again for a revolver.

That S&W is nice!
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

I dunno, as I've never shot subsonic in my S&W Victory. I usually use one of the CCI Varmint or Target rounds, and have never had a problem. It DOES need to be cleaned after each use, but I find that to be necessary with all the 22s I have - an AR7, a Heritage revolver, a Ruger Charger, and a Colt Rail Gun.
**from somewhere between podunk, live free then dieland, & ayup_can't theyah from heayah -
to way out west lost in the haboob**

FromThereToHere wrote:I dunno, as I've never shot subsonic in my S&W Victory. I usually use one of the CCI Varmint or Target rounds, and have never had a problem. It DOES need to be cleaned after each use, but I find that to be necessary with all the 22s I have - an AR7, a Heritage revolver, a Ruger Charger, and a Colt Rail Gun.
How many rounds in “each use”? I’ve skipped cleanings between outings of 150-200 rounds and haven’t had a problem yet.

lsj74 wrote:
mtofromma wrote:coming into this thread late (new member) - but last poster - I hope you bought one for your wife! I'm a 62 yr old woman with arthritis and tendonitis issues. I've had mine since early 2017, and I love it. The balance is great, and takes most any ammo I feed it. It's my primary range fun shooter.
My wife has shot this one but she isn't big on guns in general so it's not an issue. I just use the Kadet kit for my CZ.

Just curious, do you prefer the Kadet over the Victory (or vice versa)? I'm thinking of eventually getting a Kadet conversion for my 75B, but for what the kits cost :wtf: , I could buy a whole new Victory and 500 rounds to break it in with.

MaxWyatt wrote:
lsj74 wrote:
mtofromma wrote:coming into this thread late (new member) - but last poster - I hope you bought one for your wife! I'm a 62 yr old woman with arthritis and tendonitis issues. I've had mine since early 2017, and I love it. The balance is great, and takes most any ammo I feed it. It's my primary range fun shooter.
My wife has shot this one but she isn't big on guns in general so it's not an issue. I just use the Kadet kit for my CZ.

Just curious, do you prefer the Kadet over the Victory (or vice versa)? I'm thinking of eventually getting a Kadet conversion for my 75B, but for what the kits cost :wtf: , I could buy a whole new Victory and 500 rounds to break it in with.
The Victory is more reliable than the Kadet. The Kadet is not too bad but it can be a little fussy on the ammo but the Victory will eat anything.
For me the positives with the Kadet is that it fits on two of my pistols and I can play with it having the same trigger whether I'm shooting 9 MM or 22. The only negative I have with the Victory is the grip.
It just feels like slippery cheap plastic. I have been thinking about selling it and getting the Ruger Mark IV
The Kadet has been getting more range time lately but that might change in the future as I have the tendency to favor certain guns for a while and then change my mind.

lsj74 wrote:
MaxWyatt wrote:
lsj74 wrote:

The Victory is more reliable than the Kadet. The Kadet is not too bad but it can be a little fussy on the ammo but the Victory will eat anything.
For me the positives with the Kadet is that it fits on two of my pistols and I can play with it having the same trigger whether I'm shooting 9 MM or 22. The only negative I have with the Victory is the grip.
It just feels like slippery cheap plastic. I have been thinking about selling it and getting the Ruger Mark IV
The Kadet has been getting more range time lately but that might change in the future as I have the tendency to favor certain guns for a while and then change my mind.
Thanks for the feedback on that. I like the idea of being able to practice and shooting the matches with the same gun in two calibers. On the other hand, the Victory fits my hand well and I don't mind the idea of another pistol. Point is moot now since the fund is a little low. :hmmm: Maybe after the holidays.

MaxWyatt wrote:
lsj74 wrote:
MaxWyatt wrote: <snip>

Thanks for the feedback on that. I like the idea of being able to practice and shooting the matches with the same gun in two calibers. On the other hand, the Victory fits my hand well and I don't mind the idea of another pistol. Point is moot now since the fund is a little low. :hmmm: Maybe after the holidays.
Hi Max: Sikacz on the forum has a Kadet as well; I shot it in Houston last month. The engineering is quality, and there is something to be said for training w/ near zero recoil w/ the same trigger and platform as the 9mm. I didnt shoot it enough to tell if I could duplicate the same accuracy as a dedicated.22lr pistol. You might want to PM Sikacz for detailed input... for when funds are replenished. ;)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six