S&W 22 victory

Finally got to try out out the S&W victory today.
received_10208077255545191.jpeg
I ran Remington golden bullet, CCI minimags and some Winchester bulk ammo through it and I had one failure to extract, one round jammed in the magazine and one dud. All were Winchester so I'm blaming it on the ammo but it could be a break-in issue.
The trigger is good. It has a little bit of a take-up and then a clean break. The fiberoptic sights are bright and adjustable for height and windage but I think the fiberoptic covers up too much of the target.
Taking the pistol apart is easy. One Allen screw and the upper comes right off and you can pull the bolt out.
received_10208077277945751.jpeg
One more screw and the barrel comes off.
received_10208077278385762.jpeg
The carbon doesn't seem to stick to the finish so it makes makes cleaning it really easy. You can wipe it clean with a rag.
The grip has a good texture that allows for a good grip without being too agressive.
It's pretty heavy so there is not a lot of movement when you fire it making it fairly easy to get back on target fast.
Overall I'm happy with the pistol but I'm thinking I'll try it with a holographic sight later on.

Re: S&W 22 victory

lsj74 wrote:Finally got to try out out the S&W victory today.
received_10208077255545191.jpeg
I ran Remington golden bullet, CCI minimags and some Winchester bulk ammo through it and I had one failure to extract, one round jammed in the magazine and one dud. All were Winchester so I'm blaming it on the ammo but it could be a break-in issue.
The trigger is good. It has a little bit of a take-up and then a clean break. The fiberoptic sights are bright and adjustable for height and windage but I think the fiberoptic covers up too much of the target.
Taking the pistol apart is easy. One Allen screw and the upper comes right off and you can pull the bolt out.
received_10208077277945751.jpeg
One more screw and the barrel comes off.
received_10208077278385762.jpeg
The carbon doesn't seem to stick to the finish so it makes makes cleaning it really easy. You can wipe it clean with a rag.
The grip has a good texture that allows for a good grip without being too agressive.
It's pretty heavy so there is not a lot of movement when you fire it making it fairly easy to get back on target fast.
Overall I'm happy with the pistol but I'm thinking I'll try it with a holographic sight later on.
Nice. This gun is on my wish list for sure.

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

Buck13 wrote:Damn. I don't need a new .22 pistol, but I want one. No doubt scoping the crap out of it helped, but impressive groups claimed here:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-sho ... lr-pistol/
I wasn't getting those kind results but I don't have a scope and I'm guessing I'm just about average shot.
I would like to get a volquartsen barrel later on. I would probably get the all steel one.
https://www.volquartsen.com/tags/5-barr ... 22-victory

Buck13 wrote:Damn. I don't need a new .22 pistol, but I want one. No doubt scoping the crap out of it helped, but impressive groups claimed here:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-sho ... lr-pistol/
I would assume that was rested, not off-hand. To many variables in offhand shooting for that kind of test to be significant,. Assume it was at least with wrists resting on a bag of some sort.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

tom wrote:I just knew i should not have opened this topic, next thing you are going to tell me is that it cycles standard velocity ammo without a problem.
I ran a few mags of Remington golden bullets without a problem so.... Yes it cycles standard velocity ammo without a problem.
You're welcome.

lsj74 wrote:
tom wrote:I just knew i should not have opened this topic, next thing you are going to tell me is that it cycles standard velocity ammo without a problem.
I ran a few mags of Remington golden bullets without a problem so.... Yes it cycles standard velocity ammo without a problem.
You're welcome.
Pimp.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote: I would assume that was rested, not off-hand. To many variables in offhand shooting for that kind of test to be significant,. Assume it was at least with wrists resting on a bag of some sort.
I would hope so. No point posting group sizes for shooting standing. That's a test of the shooter, not the gun.

Maybe my MkII shoots as well and I just don't know it. I haven't seriously thought about scoping it, since it's already too heavy for me!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

lsj74 wrote:
You're welcome.
Well shit, now i have to wait until my gun shop gets one for me to see how it fits my hand, and IF it fits, i will agonize over getting another pistol or revolver, or revolver or pistol, WELL SHIT.

Why do you hate me, what have i done to anger you. :)
Chromebook, the only way to fly.

tom wrote:
lsj74 wrote:
You're welcome.
Well shit, now i have to wait until my gun shop gets one for me to see how it fits my hand, and IF it fits, i will agonize over getting another pistol or revolver, or revolver or pistol, WELL SHIT.

Don't act all innocent.
You know what you did.

lsj74 wrote:
tom wrote:
lsj74 wrote:
You're welcome.

Don't act all innocent.
You know what you did.
Who me, i didn't do nuttin, i'm innocent i tell ya.

In my research on this gun, i read a 9 page thread over on the RFC site, those that actually have them, give them a thumbs up, interesting read, one owner shot a lot of cci sv ammo through his with no problems [ i use only cci sv in my RR and Phoenix HP 22a ], so for me this would be a gun to get, provided it fits my hand and should i get one, i will give a full report here.
Chromebook, the only way to fly.

This was the results after adjusting the sights a little bit.
IMG_20160130_134318.jpg
That's ten rounds of Blazers.
And I found out that is cycles Remington subsonic ammo but it doesn't seem to be very accurate but that could have been me because I was starting to feel a migraine headache coming on and the focus wasn't there anymore.
This pistol is really growing on me.

lsj74 wrote:This was the results after adjusting the sights a little bit.
IMG_20160130_134318.jpg
And I found out that is cycles Remington subsonic ammo but it doesn't seem to be very accurate but that could have been me because I was starting to feel a migraine headache coming on and the focus wasn't there anymore.
What was the distance?

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

Catalyst wrote:
lsj74 wrote:This was the results after adjusting the sights a little bit.
IMG_20160130_134318.jpg
What was the distance?
About 10 yards unsupported.

coming into this thread late (new member) - but last poster - I hope you bought one for your wife! I'm a 62 yr old woman with arthritis and tendonitis issues. I've had mine since early 2017, and I love it. The balance is great, and takes most any ammo I feed it. It's my primary range fun shooter.

mtofromma wrote:coming into this thread late (new member) - but last poster - I hope you bought one for your wife! I'm a 62 yr old woman with arthritis and tendonitis issues. I've had mine since early 2017, and I love it. The balance is great, and takes most any ammo I feed it. It's my primary range fun shooter.
My wife has shot this one but she isn't big on guns in general so it's not an issue. I just use the Kadet kit for my CZ.