Re: Do 22 wmr snap caps exist?

I've never seen rimfire snap caps that duplicate the functionality of centerfire snap caps that you can reuse over and over. Every rimfire snap cap I've seen is made out of a material that gets damaged by the firing pin which makes sense because if the material was soft enough to not get damaged it probably wouldn't play well with an extractor.

Thanks folks. @sikacz, my understanding is that the size differences make it risk some jamming even though it's just snap caps. @offensivename, that's helpful. I'll just get more Azoom dummies then and use those, for just a couple of uses. I don't plan to do it a lot. Frankly it's more for safety when I practice safe release etc. while I get used to it.

rocdoc wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:32 pm Thanks folks. @sikacz, my understanding is that the size differences make it risk some jamming even though it's just snap caps. @offensivename, that's helpful. I'll just get more Azoom dummies then and use those, for just a couple of uses. I don't plan to do it a lot. Frankly it's more for safety when I practice safe release etc. while I get used to it.
You could make some out of spent cases. Limited use, but should work.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

On revolver, not pistol - I use yellow dry wall screw sleeves for both .22LR & .22WMR as snap caps. Works for me and many others. They're cheap and just throw away when flange chewed up. Ejector works for either LR or WMR. Read reviews at link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Hollow-W ... B01GQMY8MQ
Last edited by Wino on Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

The Azooms I originally bought for my 22 were expensive and performed same as the dry wall sleeve. Haven't a clue whether they would work in a pistol and feed by a magazine.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.