Re: 44mag vs 45LC vs 357mag in lever gun

K9s wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:54 pm I keep trying to avoid these lever-action PCC threads.

Luke, join me in the dark side of the Force!!!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

I have a Rossi 92 in .44 MAG that hurts the hell out of my shoulder. I'll always prefer shooting my 30-30 Marlin, but the Rossi's one redeeming quality is that once I had it, I had to get myself a S&W 629!
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison
Don't go where the road don't go - Ringo Starr

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Bullitt68 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 pm I have also been drooling over a lever action. I sold a basic win 30-30 and an octagonal centennial win 30-30, 30 years ago. Prolly got 300 bucks between the two.
I just saw a centennial model like mine today at the gun shop today, 2500 bucks!
But my kid grabbed a sig 938 extreme something or other.
So yeah, I've got the lever bug, always have.
I would go .357 as well since i have a new ruger blackhawk in .357. Nice pairing.
It wasn't so much that I got the lever bug, but that there actually was proposed legislature in Trenton that would have outlawed semi-automatics.
In response I got a revolver and lever-action, both in .357, just in case it happens. I'll still have a pistol and a carbine.

Then I found the lever action was flat-out total fun to shoot, much more than the revolver or the semis.
But a lever action isn't classified as a semi-automatic. Or is it? LOL
We sit in the mud... and reach for the stars.
Ivan Turgenev

Prevent Suicides Call https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/t ... meone-now/

Bullitt68 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:53 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Bullitt68 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 pm I have also been drooling over a lever action. I sold a basic win 30-30 and an octagonal centennial win 30-30, 30 years ago. Prolly got 300 bucks between the two.
I just saw a centennial model like mine today at the gun shop today, 2500 bucks!
But my kid grabbed a sig 938 extreme something or other.
So yeah, I've got the lever bug, always have.
I would go .357 as well since i have a new ruger blackhawk in .357. Nice pairing.
It wasn't so much that I got the lever bug, but that there actually was proposed legislature in Trenton that would have outlawed semi-automatics.
In response I got a revolver and lever-action, both in .357, just in case it happens. I'll still have a pistol and a carbine.

Then I found the lever action was flat-out total fun to shoot, much more than the revolver or the semis.
But a lever action isn't classified as a semi-automatic. Or is it? LOL
Not under New Jersey law. A double-action revolver comes far closer to the definition of a a semi than a lever action.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

senorgrand wrote:
Inquisitor wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 am 45.70 or go home.
Still kinda want one of those.

Would also love a 24" lever gun that took 9mm. Load on Sunday and shoot all week.
Man that would be sweet! I'd be all in for a 9mm lever action if the price was right. As it stands I'll probably go the 22 route for purely economic reasons. Plus with a 22 lever action you can shoot super quiet subsonic ammo all day and not have to pay the ransom for a suppressor.

Ha ha... a 9mm lever gun may be a challenge design stripping the empty case from the chamber. And the barrel would have to be 18” or shorter or the bullet might start to lose velocity even before leaving the muzzle! -But I love the idea.
:laugh:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi