Bolt action rifles question

Reviews and discussion of rifles.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

shinzen
Site Admin

Re: Bolt action rifles question

#26 Post by shinzen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:23 am

Honestly, it's only one change which replaces the magazine release. Not sure if the guy I bought mine from is still doing it, but he was selling the bit plus the 10 round magazine. His website is offline or I'd post the link. Could just order a second magazine release and grind off the tab until it's flat with the receiver and it accomplishes much the same thing.

Zahal usually has the 10 rounders in stock.

featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member

#27 Post by featureless » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am

Yeah, if the concern is detachable magazine, there are cheaper ways to comply than a new bolt gun. There's a great DYI work around that includes a little drilling and placement of a small set screw dealy bob that blocks the mag release button from functioning. Stick in a 10 rounder, resemble and there you go--non removable magazine. Then you use one of the devices at the link NuJudge posted to load. I can post a link to the mod, but it's at another California-specific forum so will only do so if requested.

eelj
Verified Member
Verified Member

#28 Post by eelj » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:15 pm

If you ever go to Scandinavia and watch rapid fire shooting competition you will see that semi autos are what the losers use. The winners shoot Sauers and Krags.

atxgunguy
Verified Member
Verified Member

#29 Post by atxgunguy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Ruger has a variant of their American bolt action in 7.62x39. It's not going to win any beauty contests, but it's reliable even with the grittiest com-block surplus. I've Tula through one with sub 2-MOA at 100 yards. Cheap too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

LGC Texas - Central Region President