Eating Italian for lunch (rifle and pistol review)

Well, I took three of my four Berettas to the range today, namely my 92, my 92 Compact and my CX4. Sorry for the shitty picture:
eating italian for lunch.jpg
This is the first time I've shot my Compact following replacement of a bunch of parts (decocker-only, metal trigger, reduced power trigger spring, grips, D hammer spring, hammer)....I think this might be my soul gun. Recoil is about the same as the full-sized 92. I can shoot it well left handed, right handed, both hands, one hand....I was going to attempt no hands but I was wearing shoes. Anyway, it's a keeper.

This was also the first time I shot my CX4 since getting the Sierra Pappa trigger and hammer replacement (steel instead of plastic) and a steel guide rod (also replacing a plastic part). It's like night and day. The trigger pull is lighter and not terribly crisp but a WHOLE lot more predicable than the original setup. Oh yeah, I also put on an oversized charging handle from Galloway Precision (I was sick of racking my knuckles on the sight mount with the original). This one is also definitely a keeper.

The full-sized 92 was there for comedy relief. Ok, I lie....I actually put in a new trigger spring and metal guide rod in it and fired a few rounds to make sure it still runs (it does).

Mamma Mia!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: Eating Italian for lunch (rifle and pistol review)

I got to shoot a friend's CX4 a couple of years ago. Magnificent! It really is a great carbine with some very cool features.

I have a .357 lever gun and 357 revolver. I have the Keltec Sub2000 and it's magazine mate, the M&P M2.0. The CX4 combo-ed with the 92 or the PX4 is the next one for me. There was a used CX4 in my LGS that I looked at for several months. I finally decided to get it---and they had sold it that morning!!!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

KlownKannon wrote:Well, I took three of my four Berettas to the range today, namely my 92, my 92 Compact and my CX4. Sorry for the shitty picture:
eating italian for lunch.jpg
This is the first time I've shot my Compact following replacement of a bunch of parts (decocker-only, metal trigger, reduced power trigger spring, grips, D hammer spring, hammer)....I think this might be my soul gun. Recoil is about the same as the full-sized 92. I can shoot it well left handed, right handed, both hands, one hand....I was going to attempt no hands but I was wearing shoes. Anyway, it's a keeper.

This was also the first time I shot my CX4 since getting the Sierra Pappa trigger and hammer replacement (steel instead of plastic) and a steel guide rod (also replacing a plastic part). It's like night and day. The trigger pull is lighter and not terribly crisp but a WHOLE lot more predicable than the original setup. Oh yeah, I also put on an oversized charging handle from Galloway Precision (I was sick of racking my knuckles on the sight mount with the original). This one is also definitely a keeper.

The full-sized 92 was there for comedy relief. Ok, I lie....I actually put in a new trigger spring and metal guide rod in it and fired a few rounds to make sure it still runs (it does).

Mamma Mia!
I have the Cx4, but I have the factory trigger/hammer and charging handle, so I'm very interested. My big question before pulling out the trigger assembly and shipping it off to Sierra Pappa (and killing the warranty) is: Did your personal accuracy improve? Do you have better groups at 50 and 100 yards?

Did you get the upgraded buffer as well? Can you tell the difference?

I also have the Keltec Sub-2000 Gen 2. Both rifles use the same Beretta 92fs magazines, by design. I almost got the 92fs pistol for that reason, but liked the H&K VP9 more. I considered the new APX before getting the Sig p320(!) but the APX doesn't use the 92fs magazine, or the PX4 mag, AFAIK.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: I have the Cx4, but I have the factory trigger/hammer and charging handle, so I'm very interested. My big question before pulling out the trigger assembly and shipping it off to Sierra Pappa (and killing the warranty) is: Did your personal accuracy improve? Do you have better groups at 50 and 100 yards?

I also have the Keltec Sub-2000 Gen 2. Both rifles use the same Beretta 92fs magazines, by design. I almost got the 92fs pistol for that reason, but liked the H&K VP9 more. I considered the new APX before getting the Sig p320(!) but the APX doesn't use the 92fs magazine, or the PX4 mag, AFAIK.
I shot it at 15 yards for function only. Anecdotally I'll say that it's more accurate in that I don't waste a mag or two of bullets guessing where the trigger is gonna break for me on that particular day. I'll be putting it through tighter trials soon, I hope.

I also got the resin buffer....not sure if there's a substantial difference on that score.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

KlownKannon wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote: I have the Cx4, but I have the factory trigger/hammer and charging handle, so I'm very interested. My big question before pulling out the trigger assembly and shipping it off to Sierra Pappa (and killing the warranty) is: Did your personal accuracy improve? Do you have better groups at 50 and 100 yards?

I shot it at 15 yards for function only. Anecdotally I'll say that it's more accurate in that I don't waste a mag or two of bullets guessing where the trigger is gonna break for me on that particular day. I'll be putting it through tighter trials soon, I hope.

I also got the resin buffer....not sure if there's a substantial difference on that score.
I'll be eagerly awaiting your findings! I really like both my PCCs, the Keltec just 'cuz it's so cool that it folds up and so light. the Cx4 because it's just so well thought out and well-made. Lots of European cops use them and, I understand, really like them. But 'mer-cans gotta have AR-15s and M-16s.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."