Merry Christmas to me!

well, it appears Christmas came a little early around here! Long I've desired an M1 Carbine but have been woe to amass the american dollars for today's exorbitant purchase prices. Countless lost Gunbroker and CMP auctions have come and gone over the years.

Coincidentally, I've also been dabbling in Bitcoin over the last couple years. Seldom has it provided for muck more than covering range fees or a box of center-fire ammo once per month or so.. but suddenly in the last month, HOLY CRAP! That's like, real money in my wallet!

And, well, I couldn't very well allow my C&R go unused for the entirety of 2017, now could I?

Seller claims a 1944 date, but damned if I can confirm that on my own yet.. Inland receiver and Rock-Ola barrel. It's been through the CMP. And.. well, I'm still on the learning curve.

Boy, she points nice. It's coming to the range with me this weekend when I go to shoot the Bullseye match. This might just become the new "4AM what the fuck was that noise!?" home carbine.

Soo... how's .30 Carbine for reloading? And where to get some good starter brass??
Brian in StL

Attachments
M1 Carbine.jpg

Re: Merry Christmas to me!

Marlene wrote:Reloading is exactly like rimless pistol cartridges. Pretty easy.

For starter brass, buy loaded ammo. Magtech and PPU are both good, but pretty much anything reloadable is fine.
that's what I'm talkin bout!

but this doesn't seem to be an option for the Lyman 310. bah humbug!
Brian in StL

Re: Merry Christmas to me!

stl303 wrote:well, it appears Christmas came a little early around here! Long I've desired an M1 Carbine but have been woe to amass the american dollars for today's exorbitant purchase prices. Countless lost Gunbroker and CMP auctions have come and gone over the years.

Coincidentally, I've also been dabbling in Bitcoin over the last couple years. Seldom has it provided for muck more than covering range fees or a box of center-fire ammo once per month or so.. but suddenly in the last month, HOLY CRAP! That's like, real money in my wallet!

And, well, I couldn't very well allow my C&R go unused for the entirety of 2017, now could I?

Seller claims a 1944 date, but damned if I can confirm that on my own yet.. Inland receiver and Rock-Ola barrel. It's been through the CMP. And.. well, I'm still on the learning curve.

Boy, she points nice. It's coming to the range with me this weekend when I go to shoot the Bullseye match. This might just become the new "4AM what the fuck was that noise!?" home carbine.

Soo... how's .30 Carbine for reloading? And where to get some good starter brass??
Wow. Just wow. I definitely want one of those.