Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

shinzen wrote:I'd rather have it in wood, sure- but at the same time, we do have the Klown around to pretty it up if you really can't take the black look. Honestly, I don't think it's that bad- other than the Mag that Nigel pointed out. A drum mag would solve that problem. Not that I can have one of those here.
The glass filled nylon which they use in the carbine is the same thing used in their SR pistols. It's a nice frame and doesn't feel plastic and rubbery like some polymers. Klown the Artiste could produce an original kreation for you.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bang wrote:
K9s wrote:I saw those and wanted one, until I found out it takes Glock mags. I hope it comes out in another flavor and caliber some day.
It also takes its own mags. Did you miss the part about the modular mag wells? It will probably end up accepting several major mag types within a year.
Right now it takes certain Glock or Ruger mags. Not the specific Ruger I own and it is only in 9mm. I don't see anything in any articles claiming that it will accept other mags. Can you share a link so I can follow that?

I am hoping someone will create a PCC in .357 SIG!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

shinzen wrote:From the specifications in the article-

In addition to the SR series it ships with:
Ruger American Pistol® magazine well is available at ShopRuger.com.
I'm sure if this winds up being as popular as it should be that other mag wells will be available.
And if it becomes really popular, somebody will make aftermarket mag wells for the other brands, if Ruger is not doing it.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Ruger new 9mm PC carbine

It's back, Ruger's 9mm carbine.
--fluted 16" threaded barrel
--alloy (aluminum) receiver
--take down
--integral pic rail
--ghost ring iron sights
--blue state legal
and the best part...
--uses either Ruger mags or Glock mags (comes with 2 drop-in mag wells)
all for under $600

For those wanting a Glock carbine, this might be it. Should I order one now ...or wait until after the inevitable recall to be resolved?
Yet she persisted.

Re: Ruger new 9mm PC carbine

JaxTeller wrote:Colleague has one. Shot it a few months ago. Nice. But not as nice as my Hi-Point.
Actually it's an all new rifle- looks to be similar to the old Police Carbine, but it's redesigned and just released within the last couple of days.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Ruger new 9mm PC carbine

shinzen wrote:
JaxTeller wrote:Colleague has one. Shot it a few months ago. Nice. But not as nice as my Hi-Point.
Actually it's an all new rifle- looks to be similar to the old Police Carbine, but it's redesigned and just released within the last couple of days.
Cool. Did not know that! I'll be keeping an eye on the reviews.. and recalls on that one.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Depends on the tolerances. Probably pretty darned close- considering that I can take off and put back on my Aimpoint dozens of times with no re-adjustment using the QD mount they supply, I'd bet it's even better with something with a more positive mechanical locking mechanism. But. To Marlene's point above, the peep is mounted on the barrel, not on the rail, so perhaps it can wiggle a bit.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Dam another for the list. I wish it took S&W mags cause I'm looking at picking up a M&P 2.0 this week. Well I guess I'll take a second look at the gen5 Glock.
I do wish it came in a larger caliber a 10mm/40cal or 45acp would be nice the stopping power of a 45ACP out of a longer barrel would make a impressive home defense gun. Or I'll just keep my Rossi92 in the closet.
Last edited by zzrguy on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!

Granted, there is an advantage to having a carbine and handgun that use the same mags.

But in general, I think Glock mags are a great choice for a carbine. Reliable, plentiful, available in high capacity (some places) and pretty inexpensive.

I have two PCCs that use Glock mags even though I don't own a Glock handgun, and probably never will.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

:goodpost: In addition to increased accuracy from a rifle, pistol round carbines also allow the round to produce more power with a longer barrel. The 9mm carbine turns one of the most affordable centerfire cartridges into a rifle round, no small feat when most rifle rounds will cost you anywhere from .35-.75 cents per squeeze of the trigger.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote::goodpost: In addition to increased accuracy from a rifle, pistol round carbines also allow the round to produce more power with a longer barrel. The 9mm carbine turns one of the most affordable centerfire cartridges into a rifle round, no small feat when most rifle rounds will cost you anywhere from .35-.75 cents per squeeze of the trigger.
What does a 9mm compare to out of a carbine? And a .45?

I don't imagine one could take deer with them, could they?

To be clear, it's not a magical transformation. Really you are picking up about 100 fps by jumping from a standard 5 inch barrel to a 16 inch barrel. It's not going to make it a hunting round. But as noted above, control, sight window, ergos, and physics all play in favor of a carbine over a handgun. Plus they are just a damned hoot. I really miss my Kel-Tec and wouldn't have sold it if I hadn't moved to CA. I've been looking for a decent replacement since.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
- Maya Angelou