Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

Bucolic wrote:I suspect they are teasing us with the stock comb. It looks like it might be replaceable, perhaps with an adjustable comb?

Damn, I was getting deep into this one. Then .45 ACP was mentioned. I also am not too enthusiastic about getting one right out of the gate but it’s been a while since I bought a new gun. C’mon enablers, push me over the edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you really want to be the last guy on the block with one of these? You know the envy will eat you from the inside if you're not the first one on the board to get one....
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

I just checked at my least favorite but largest volume LGS and they don’t show any “at the warehouse” yet.

I may not show it outwardly but I am exercising enormous self control right now...

I do have to say that this is a really ugly gun. I don’t have many ugly guns. Any? Well, maybe the XDM, but at least it’s prettier than a Glock.
Last edited by Bucolic on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bucolic wrote:I just checked at my least favorite but largest volume LGS and they don’t show any “at the warehouse” yet.

I may not show it outwardly but I am exercising enormous self control right now....

How many calls have you made so far to local shops? I may have to make a Home Depot run later and make a pit stop at my LGS.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

So, here’s the source of my angst. I need something with a relatively effective caliber that can take out foxes and coyotes at 50 yards so one MOA should suffice. Don’t need much more than that and even the honest likelihood of the need for predator mitigation is pretty small. I have had a Mini 14 on the wish list for some time. OTOH, I like the concept of a pistol caliber carbine and the takedown feature is an unexpected bonus.

I realize that the two rifles are not equivalent. However, If the PC comes in at $500 and it shoots well at 50-75 yards, it’s a savings of $400+ relative to a new Mini 14.

I think I will try to wait for some reviews. Besides, it really is an ugly gun.

Bucolic wrote:The video says it uses 10/22 trigger group parts. It will be interesting to see whether they adopt the 10/22 group wholesale. If so, it might be possible to swap in a really wonderful Kidd trigger group. Clearly the bolt is different but the trigger guard, blade and the safety look like standard 10/22 parts, as does the bolt hold-back blade.

I was about to bash this ugly, ugly rifle until the specter of 10/22 compatibility came up.

/It's still uglier than sin.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I'd rather have it in wood, sure- but at the same time, we do have the Klown around to pretty it up if you really can't take the black look. Honestly, I don't think it's that bad- other than the Mag that Nigel pointed out. A drum mag would solve that problem. Not that I can have one of those here.
- Maya Angelou

It hits a sweet spot - kinda Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers space rifle retro but SBR tacticool at the same time. It'll appeal to both markets.

Am not seeing shit of goat, but person looking for shit of goat will see.

Would look right at dacha in cockpit here.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.