NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

Reviews and discussion of rifles.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
aasoverteakettle
Been around awhile
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:31 pm
Location: Waterbury, VT
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#226 Post by aasoverteakettle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am

It’s cold, but beautiful. If you’re going to live in a place that has seasons, you have to overcome and appreciate the weather. Lots of fun to be had in the snow (other than shooting). And there’s plenty of hot coffee indoors, so it’s pretty good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
highdesert
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: Biggest state on the Left Coast
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#227 Post by highdesert » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am

One of my local gun stores has it on sale, very tempting.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 2960
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#228 Post by featureless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am

highdesert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am
One of my local gun stores has it on sale, very tempting.
It is tempting. I had a Ruger PC40 (predecessor to the current carbine). I sold it. Its recoil was harsher than an AR and was less powerful, so down the line it went. I therefor keep telling myself I don't need this. What I do need is a .357 lever. Really, I do. :lol:

User avatar
highdesert
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: Biggest state on the Left Coast
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#229 Post by highdesert » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am

featureless wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am
highdesert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am
One of my local gun stores has it on sale, very tempting.
It is tempting. I had a Ruger PC40 (predecessor to the current carbine). I sold it. Its recoil was harsher than an AR and was less powerful, so down the line it went. I therefor keep telling myself I don't need this. What I do need is a .357 lever. Really, I do. :lol:
Sounds like a rehearsal for your argument to "The Boss". :)
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 2960
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#230 Post by featureless » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 am

highdesert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am
featureless wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am
highdesert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am
One of my local gun stores has it on sale, very tempting.
It is tempting. I had a Ruger PC40 (predecessor to the current carbine). I sold it. Its recoil was harsher than an AR and was less powerful, so down the line it went. I therefor keep telling myself I don't need this. What I do need is a .357 lever. Really, I do. :lol:
Sounds like a rehearsal for your argument to "The Boss". :)
Unfortunately, I'm under a self imposed no more guns rule. If I ever sell my VW bus (haven't tried yet), I may break that rule to console myself. I have too many hobbies.

User avatar
highdesert
Carpal Tunnel
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: Biggest state on the Left Coast
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#231 Post by highdesert » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 am

featureless wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 am
highdesert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am
featureless wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am
highdesert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am
One of my local gun stores has it on sale, very tempting.
It is tempting. I had a Ruger PC40 (predecessor to the current carbine). I sold it. Its recoil was harsher than an AR and was less powerful, so down the line it went. I therefor keep telling myself I don't need this. What I do need is a .357 lever. Really, I do. :lol:
Sounds like a rehearsal for your argument to "The Boss". :)
Unfortunately, I'm under a self imposed no more guns rule. If I ever sell my VW bus (haven't tried yet), I may break that rule to console myself. I have too many hobbies.
Sounds like me - my rule is nothing new comes into the house unless I get rid of something of equal size. And with guns I'd need a bigger safe.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

User avatar
larsoni
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:32 am
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#232 Post by larsoni » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am

I have one. Great to shoot. I brought it to the Winter Range Day in Portland and some other members got to shoot it too.
https://imgur.com/a/txqC8sC

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3516
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#233 Post by K9s » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am

Temptation is strong with this.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5704
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: On The Border with no need of The Wall.
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#234 Post by Bisbee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm

No!

Sit!

Stay!

-Good boy.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3516
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: NEW: Ruger PC Carbine In 9mm (Yes, it DOES take Glock mags)

#235 Post by K9s » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:15 pm

Bisbee wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm
No!

Sit!

Stay!

-Good boy.
Ruff!
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests