Re: Over Firing

OldScratch wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:19 am
DougMasters wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:24 pm Yeah I did, and I shot it. About 350 or so rounds. First thing I learned is I'm not a good shot. Second thing i learned is the dexterity in my arms is very lacking. Third thing i learned is it was funn as hell.
Lol, I don't think anyone is a good shot with a 10/22 right out of the box. Like Mini-14's, those rifles are not particularly renowned for accuracy without mods.
That's why I got it, I will get bored and will tinker with it eventually.

But, I aint bored with it yet. I'm not sure modifying it would do me much good right now anyway. I don't know what is normal or average but I can't keep the thing from swaying and even hold it well onto one spot at around 25 yards. Though I can't tell you to what degree I can safely say it does shoot high to the left.
Bisbee wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:40 am Pshaw! Sez you!

Both my 10/22's have original barrels. They've both gotten lighter triggers but aside from that and the auto-bolt release, pretty stock. Plenty accurate for plinking and small game w iron sights up to 100 yds.

Congrats, Doug! Let the modding begin!IMG_2885.JPG
Yeah I've seen that. I've seen people post the difference in some of these triggers and I've wondered if I could just take the original and grind that nub out myself.

Over Firing

That nub job will make it easier to release the bolt from its rearward position. Not hard to fix. I am sure there are YouTube videos. Also, for $10 or less, you can buy a new plate from Kidd. Look at coolguyguns.com.

There are many options for cleaning up the trigger. Shoot it for a while and see what you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 am That nub job will make it easier to release the bolt from its rearward position. Not hard to fix. I am sure there are YouTube videos. Also, for $10 or less, you can buy a new plate from Kidd. Look at coolguyguns.com.

There are many options for cleaning up the trigger. Shoot it for a while and see what you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah as a new shooter I didn't notice much about the rifle mechanically. Like the trigger? eh I can take yalls word for it that its probably stiff and all but I don't know what a smooth trigger feels like ya know? But the bolt? Yeah I could immediately tell that was a bigger pain than it needed to be. That plate may be the first thing I replace.

Ill look at coolguyguns. I bought a couple ruger mags off budsgunshop. But I need some better ear protection too, so i'll check out coolguyguns for the plates and the ear wear.

Man I appreciate all the suggestions.

Grind it yourself with a file or dremel, you'll feel more satisfied afterward with that first beer of the day.

As for the trigger, just keep telling yourself it's as smooth as butter. Remember, ignorance is bliss. Otherwise, you may catch that illness that some here... Oh, nevermind.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi