Re: AR Barrel Length Thoughts

shinzen wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:56 am
BillMcD wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:34 am It would be better if weird guns weren't so expensive. Variety is the spice of life and budget guns get old. It's even worse now that some of the old budget guns keep going up in price...
Well. You could go Tinkers route and it might not be as expensive. But Nato's tastes.... Yeah. It'll cost yah. Old guns are one of those things they don't make anymore, so if they have any potential interest, they'll go up in price over time.
Tinker's route? i might need an explanation, albeit probably not here, we're dragging this off topic already :roflmao:

BillMcD wrote:
BillMcD wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:34 am It would be better if weird guns weren't so expensive. Variety is the spice of life and budget guns get old. It's even worse now that some of the old budget guns keep going up in price...
Well. You could go Tinkers route and it might not be as expensive. But Nato's tastes.... Yeah. It'll cost yah. Old guns are one of those things they don't make anymore, so if they have any potential interest, they'll go up in price over time.
Tinker's route? i might need an explanation, albeit probably not here, we're dragging this off topic already :roflmao:
No, this is all good. Soaking it all up. In this instance weird old gun might be a retro remake Brn-10 with a trigger style recharging handle...I guess technically circa 1960 is antique now...

BillMcD wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:34 am
Nato wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:18 am Thanks Shinzen, due to a relationship and job change. My stress levels have dropped dramatically and I am reentering the firearms world. I will be breaking out "Nato's weird euro stuff" soon enough. I notice you all have been slacking in the weird guns department as of late....
It would be better if weird guns weren't so expensive. Variety is the spice of life and budget guns get old. It's even worse now that some of the old budget guns keep going up in price...
Weird guns are either expensive or cheap. When the stars align, guns that should be expensive sell for cheap because they’re weird.

I can think of several weird fun guns I own that cost me less than $100. The guns you can get cheap are only boring if your taste is boring.

Right now, I can think of a couple of weird guns at my lgs that cost about what an entry level AR goes for. I’m resisting the Turkish Martini Enfield carbine in 303 right now.

Nice seeing ya Nato! If the stress rises, ask Shin or Quiz about our new “I don’t want to play” club.

DamnYankee wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:42 pm
BillMcD wrote:
No, this is all good. Soaking it all up. In this instance weird old gun might be a retro remake Brn-10 with a trigger style recharging handle...I guess technically circa 1960 is antique now...
Now I'm thinking of taking the next cheap ishapore lee enfield i find and turning it into a makeshift L42 rifle... I am not a gunsmith though so i would probably just break something... unless i found a kit.
Last edited by BillMcD on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.