So, looks like I am building another AR need ideas

Due to an order placed long ago, that I sort of forgot about. It looks like I am building another AR. It's going to be another woody, the furniture will be similar to the one in the picture below but with mid length handguards... any ideas where I should go with it? Like I said, I sort of forgot about it, and have been playing in roller locker land for awhile.

Pompous, with a touch of elitism.

Re: So, looks like I am building another AR need ideas

OMG, absolutely LOVE the A1 walnut furniture. Where are you getting that? And mid-length to boot; that's awesome!

For a wood A1, I would check out the Brownells retro line of parts; they have all sorts of retro goodies for us retro lovers. If you're doing a mid-length, you could do a mid-length version of a 605 which would be really cool.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: So, looks like I am building another AR need ideas

Nato wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm Yea I am thinking of either doing up a .308 build with the Brownells parts. or a 5.56 build with the NDS-15u upper with the charging hand in the carry handle.
308 is a bit spendy if you don't plan on taking it hunting. I'm not a big fan of 5.56, but its cheaper to shoot paper with. Also anything that gets the charging handle away from the face is a plus in my book. Just don't be like me and get a cheap gas system. That ruined my whole AR experience.