PSA KS-47 Gen 2

I have been stalking this AR15/AK hybrid for a while. I have avoided temptation for all this time.

I have been avoiding the KS47 for quite a while, but couldn't stay away from the PSA web site when they were back in stock today. For some dumb reason, I was considering 300AAC, but the cost of ammo (and common sense?) kept me out of that game. However, I have plenty of 7.62x39 and AK mags, so the KS-47 is not such a stretch in logical reasoning.... right? Besides, I have a Yugo 5.56 AK that takes AR15 mags, so this just tripped my trigger.

I haven't seen any bad reviews for the rifle version. Don't try to talk me out of it. It's too late. I'll post pics when it arrives.

It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: PSA KS-47 Gen 2

It is reported to be incredibly accurate.

I love my AKs, but this just seemed like something I would really like. Cannot believe I spent the money, but those things sell out within hours of "back in stock" notifications. I think they were in stock 3-4 hours before sold out today.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Let us know if this AR15/AK hybrid is the best of both worlds or the worst of both worlds. Inquiring minds was to know.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The problems with the Gen 1 version were addressed, it seems.

I just liked the idea of an accurate 30 caliber rifle that shoots cheap-ish ammo. I rarely shoot my old 30-30 because of ammo cost. 300 Blackout seems interesting, but the ammo price is high.

Honestly, this thing costs about the same as most AKs these days and it just looks cool, I guess. I have my fingers crossed. I already have the ammo and magazines, so the "price" or TCO isn't so high.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I have a PSA M-Forgery upper in 7.62x39. Lower is cheapo Anderson and PSA parts kit. I really like it. It's stripped down with just a national match rear sight. Very light and handy with a 20 rd mag. 7.62x39 is a great round in my opinion. Very cheap and versatile. My CZ 527 bolt gun shoots the cheap stuff around 2 moa.

I think you'll enjoy that gun.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

joemac wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 am
Bang wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 amMe gusta.
A mi me gusta, tambien.
It is a pretty rifle. I think that was part of the problem. I have several AKs, but nothing like that. :)

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I just picked mine up from FFL. It looks great! Of course, after paying full price, I just saw that they are now selling the uppers and lowers separately (and they are in stock!) for big savings.

ARGHHH!!!

Save some for me. I am going back in....

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

GravyBoat wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:33 pm I have the Gen 1, and the only issue I've ever had is over inserting the mag, which the gen 2 fixes. Otherwise It's run just fine, I'd like to pick up a gen 2 upper because I prefer a magwell grip when shooting and the gen 1 does not like that.
I'll link to what I said about the Gen 1 a year and some change ago and still stand by it. The only thing different from then to now is a higher round count and a refinish to attract more attention while it hangs on the wall at work.
He roughed us, then he cuffed us
And he took us off to jail
No picture on a poster, no reward, and no bail

I don't know if the gen 1 and 2 uppers and lowers are compatible. Does anyone know? I think that would make a lot of gen 1 owners happier. Gen 1 parts were OOS for a long time.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wow, this rifle is one that could get me into AR’s... I didn’t say that. Did I say that out loud? Aw Jeez.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

The selling point for me was that I already have the AK mags, ammo, etc. Reviewers say that it is light (it is) and very accurate. It isn't as awesome looking as a wood furniture WASR, Yugo, or Saiga, but it sure is ergonomic. My steel mags fit perfectly and seem to work just fine.

The weird part: It is cheaper than an AK.

I am itching to shoot it at a range soon. Have to work this weekend. Ugh.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I have to figure out which glass to put on this baby. Variable scope or red dot? I am thinking 1-4x or 1-6x, but that means spending a whole lot more than just putting one of my red dots on it.

Such a good problem to have. SO HAPPY!

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Red-dot or variable scope. Sheesh. Another comrade overcome by material capitalism.

In the revolutionary camp we practice 1000 yard shots by looking straight down barrel. This in case steel-sights come off during using rifle as a club to save bullets in close fighting. Capitalists soft when you see whites of eyes. Not need shooting.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 pm Red-dot or variable scope. Sheesh. Another comrade overcome by material capitalism.

In the revolutionary camp we practice 1000 yard shots by looking straight down barrel. This in case steel-sights come off during using rifle as a club to save bullets in close fighting. Capitalists soft when you see whites of eyes. Not need shooting.
Well, I went with the free float barrel because I don't have an AK like that. I have plenty of good AKs with iron sights, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. This one probably needs a scope so I can get my moneys worth out of it.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Well, I had bought the free float barrel version and loved it. I decided to buy the classic version because it is so light and it was cheaper to buy the separate upper and lower than a complete rifle. Then, of course, a few days passed and some uppers and lowers went on sale, so I bought a sweet lightweight free float upper ($299) and the EPT lower ($179). These are really nice, accurate, light, and low recoil with cheaper ammo than 300 Blackout. I like that I was able to standardize my ammo with my AKs & SKSs and use the same mags with my AKs.

I really like them. I haven't seen any bad reviews and more came out recently. I have nothing bad to say at all so far. I bought a few because I fear these will be a unicorn soon, so now I will have all the parts I need for the future.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Attachments
KS47_20190427_143948024~2.jpg