Re: Henry Golden Boy...how do you shoulder this thing?

senorgrand wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:23 am the drop is about twice that of an 1894 or 1892
Huh. That's depressing. Go for a Marlin 1894 instead, then. Easily my favorite rifle, even more than the Windham Hunter. Just friggin' FUN to shoot! At the NJ branch shoot a few months ago, everyone enjoyed shooting the "Cowboy Rifle". Mine is the only pre-owned gun I have, made in 1979. I gather the new ones don't have quite as smooth an action but they do break in.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Henry Golden Boy...how do you shoulder this thing?

I have a marlin 1894 with a strap on cheek riser and 3-9 power scope, because my eyesight sucks, not because its a long range rifle. As for the golden boy, the low comb and brass buttplate are just legacy designs to make it look more period accurate. I would recommend a 1894 over one of the new henry's any day, especially for reloading. Fingers near the muzzle is a big fat NO from me. There are some winchester models that work alright, but i wanted to put some glass on mine to better see what im shooting and better hit those nasty paper targets in the center.

I added a picture for reference.
Attachments
marlin2.jpg