Fightlite SCRs

I've seen the little bit that's been posted here and there on the web (including in this forum). What is the current thinking on the SCR rifles, specifically about reliability? The completed ones they sell not just the lowers with someone else's upper. There's not a whole lot out there on the interwebs and given the relative paucity of information a couple of concerning posts about jamming issues has me wondering. Not that they appear to be available and the company's communication policy seem to be to not communicate. Still the SCRs seem to be an intriguing option for those of us in restricted jurisdictions.

https://fightlite.com/rifles/scr

Re: Fightlite SCRs

MeridianFC wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:58 pm
featureless wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:53 pm I love mine (sorry, lower only, I did the upper). It's probably got 750 or so rounds through it without a hiccup. My favorite rifle.
What upper did you put on it? Pros/cons with the lower? Happen to have any photos?
I had an 18" home assembled upper on it then switched over to a the self modified S&W M&P Sport. Wanted the shorter barrel and pinned gas block on my primary home defense gun.

I'll try to get a photo for your encouragement.

I love my Fightlite SCR (223 Wylde), which shoots softer than a AR due to the lighter BCG and the downward angle of the buffer/recoil spring. It's best to run an optional ambi-mag-release as you cannot reach the stock mag release shooting right handed without changing your trigger grip. With the side-charger and ambi-mag-release I can charge and load with my support/left hand.

My trigger is polished and run slightly wet, and though it's not up to aftermarket AR triggers, it is certainly good enough for 1/2 MOA groups at 100yds from bags via SMK's.

I use a Gibbz side-charging upper, and I have the monte carlo stock on mine which helps with cheek weld. If running a full size scope or a scope with limited eye relief, I suggest a side-charger. I run the Burris 5X Prism Scope with Laser, or a UTG 3 X 9 X 32 Scope (both on QD's), along with the angled BUIS's.

The Fightlite SCR is the best way to enjoy AR modularity in a featureless sporting rifle format, IMHO of course!

Last edited by DJD100 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

senorgrand wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:28 pm Marlene's is something very special, but's barely an SCR at this point. I had one I was going to build out, but the tax bug bit me hard last year and I sold it before it got to leave the box.
What's the story on Marlene's very special barely an SCR?

Thx...