Re: One of Six

Thanks. What year is yours CD?

I found a new appreciation for milsurp hanging around over at gunboards.com. I learned a lot over there. Had a client I was working for and spotted as lever gun in his old gun cabinet along with a few others. He said yeah, I offered a guy to buy them all for 1200 bucks and he never showed back up. I said I'll take them. lol

Got this here rifle, a Lee-e Enfield No 5, a Winchester Limited Edition 1895 in "06 made in '82, a Winchester model 67 in .22 short prewar no serial number, also some sort of sporterized Ariska thats scoped, and an old old Ruger 10 - 22 that coulda been mine when I was 12 years old (I'm 65) and it's about as beat up as I am.

Looks like I'll have to resize all my photos since the pics from my phone all come in around 4 to almost 5 mib. Better pics ahead.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Very nice! I got sucked into buying a 1917 and a pristine M48 recently from a FFL friend who got to help with an estate sale. I can see why people collect them, although the M48 kicks and its sights are horrible. (Although I found a replacement peep that seems to work better). I hope you have a lot of fun with them

BTW- in case the seller didn’t tell you or you don’t know yet, you’ll have to watch what you shoot at with the M2 ammo because it’s AP. There are some awesome videos about it going through trees/concrete/metal etc. And from what I’ve read it’s more accurate in garands than regular M2. But it’s something to be aware of if you like your steel targets intact.

Mikeinmich wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am Very nice! I got sucked into buying a 1917 and a pristine M48 recently from a FFL friend who got to help with an estate sale. I can see why people collect them, although the M48 kicks and its sights are horrible. (Although I found a replacement peep that seems to work better). I hope you have a lot of fun with them

BTW- in case the seller didn’t tell you or you don’t know yet, you’ll have to watch what you shoot at with the M2 ammo because it’s AP. There are some awesome videos about it going through trees/concrete/metal etc. And from what I’ve read it’s more accurate in garands than regular M2. But it’s something to be aware of if you like your steel targets intact.
Yes I like peep sights the best.

I would like a Garand and an old 1911. Those have to wait a bit till things settle down. I've just been lucky to have guns fall in my lap. I wans't even looking really.

The AP will be fun to shoot. Definetely aware of the danger. Thanks!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”