second range trip in a week

thursday i went to my usual range at flintlock valley, today i met ncbluedot at his local range outside charlotte. it's in a sporting club, so far more regulated than i'm used to. he brought a very nice AR with red dot, a tokarev and a S&W model 10 (correct me if i'm wrong).
i brought my trapdoor, sharps carbine, bauer (or frasier, whichever) galesi brescia and 1911.
i couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with his AR, but had fun anyway. i enjoyed the tokarev (never shot one before) and i have a new appreciation for revolvers. at some point out came the 1911, and i discovered that i hadn't brought a magazine, so it was a single-shot, sort of a trapdoor 1911.
only ran afoul of the rules once, doing good! :yahoo:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: second range trip in a week

Lots of firsts for me. First time I shot a black powder, first trap door and first .25 autos.

The .25s were a surprise to me. Having shot little Saturday night special .22 semis with an undocumented feature of random burst fire, I was expecting the tiny pocket guns to be similar, but they were surprisingly well made and accurate. Made the steel sing!

Fun day!