Re: Sh!t you see at the range.

HuckleberryFun wrote:You know, this may make me start to doubt (in some cases) the whole it takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun scenario. Just sayin'.

:fishing:
It takes a guy good with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

The new range I've been going to has separated rifle and pistol ranges. But they don't enforce it. I see someone walk into the pistol range with a rifle case and it's up to me to ask him to go to the other side. It helps a LOT to have that wall between us and I will keep it that way as long as I can help it. And yes, I've seen several fine examples of dudes with an AR only just managing to hit paper (the giant target paper, BTW) at 3, yes 3 yards. Seriously.
-Kat
Illinois Chapter President
LGC Certified Instructor, Intro to Pistol and Range Safety

Stiff wrote:
sturner wrote:This is why you should always have a bayonet! When you miss the paper with the bullets you fix bayonet and stab it to shreds!
That's an AK-15 military style assault weapon of mass destruction, that is!
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

MaxwellG wrote:Yeap a bunch of dudebros showed up at the local public range complete with AR-15s and Glocks and all sorts of attachments like ACOG's, holographic and laser sights, the obligatory extended magazines, and other assorted BS.

Even at 10 yards shooting at lifesize Quantico-sytle targets, they turned them into swiss cheese...they couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle.
No grouping at all, just a lot of holes in the paper.
Be fair - they were just making sure they didn't waste any of that expensive target paper...

:roflmao:
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:
MaxwellG wrote:Yeap a bunch of dudebros showed up at the local public range complete with AR-15s and Glocks and all sorts of attachments like ACOG's, holographic and laser sights, the obligatory extended magazines, and other assorted BS.

Even at 10 yards shooting at lifesize Quantico-sytle targets, they turned them into swiss cheese...they couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle.
No grouping at all, just a lot of holes in the paper.
Be fair - they were just making sure they didn't waste any of that expensive target paper...

:roflmao:
:lol:
I suppose these guys do empty their magazines slightly faster than I would, so...winning?
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Learning is a messy business.

When I see folks gerfibble at ranges, I am sort of glad that at least they did it at a range, not in their bedrooms. You have to mess with your gun to learn how it works. There was a time for all of us when the times we messed with a gun could be counted on one hand.

That being said, when I'm at an indoor range, i am comforted knowing some person is watching the range on closed circuit tv. Like at Disneyland, if your bar comes up unexpectedly, someone steps in from the shadows and puts down the bar, then steps back.

Bayonets are cool.

I like knowing I'm being watched. Today I stovepiped in my MKII once, and I flicked the jam out with my fingernail. Now, before I did that, I knew I was on tv, so I was careful to keep the muzzle pointed downrange while I held it by the barrel to flick out the round. Not really a bad thing I says.

I don't want to be "that guy" someone posts about. :thumbsdown: Also, I don't want to get shot by some yayhoo. Glad there's someone standing in the shadows.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack