Day at the Range

After 4 weeks and no range time here is one of the best of the day.

10 rounds @ 10 yds. Slow fire.

I’m obviously not the greatest shot in the world but this is pretty good for me! Especially after 4 weeks off.

When I am home I try to go often. I don’t shoot a lot at a time necessarily. I’d rather go often and shoot fewer rounds than seldom and shoot a lot.

A bullseye type target that I took into photoshop and colorized so my olde tired eyes can differentiate a bit better. 7” outer ring, 3/4 “ bull (red). Print them up on regular copy paper cause I'm a cheap a**!

Pissed me off that I couldn't find red!
_V0A0006.jpg
Maybe better luck tomorrow!
:)

Re: Day at the Range

MaxWyatt wrote:I wouldn't be disappointed with a group like that. What did you shoot it with?
A Dan Wesson PM9 Max and that is what is pictured though one can't really tell by the photo. Just took a bit of artistic license!

I have 4700 rounds through it so far (I track and log). One would think I could do a bit better after all that!
Last edited by BroadsideofaBarn on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

lurker wrote:
BroadsideofaBarn wrote:I might add that my Forum Handle is due to what I can't hit!
i'm not calling you a liar... wait, yes i am.
I have never told a lie in my life lurker (well, maybe a couple of little white ones now and again!). So after living this long I'm not about to start now with you or the other esteemed folks on this Forum!

But I have been called worse! And probably even today!

:lol:

Well I appreciate the good words guys!

As is typical, I am my own worst enemy! I can get the job done, but one always aspires to improve. I think I am camping on a plateau right now and I know I’ll never be good enough to satisfy myself. Maybe not a bad thing really. But the key, at least for me, is never to take myself too seriously! Along with that, and just as important, is to have fun with whatever endeavors to do and keep myself open to learn. If it ever becomes less than fun, I’ll just quit doing it and I need to learn at least one new thing everyday or I figure the day was wasted. Life is way too short for anything less.

At least I got to hit the range, which is always fun, and have some fun shooting the photo! Had some fun posting and getting to put myself out there for the Forum Members and getting to know some of you all a little better too, maybe.

As I mentioned, this was one of the better targets of the day! Maybe I should also post one of the worst, of which there were plenty! A nice photo of a crappy target wouldn't be a complete wash would it?

MaxwellG The pistol manufacturer is Dan Wesson. It is a PM9 and the only pistol I shot that day. It is far more accurate than I am!

And just as an aside?

Just spent an overnight in the Big Out There last night. Didn’t do any shooting, but I did take the opportunity to work with a couple of my survival knives processing some wood and seeing how they might hold up with me beating the living crap out of them!

Didn’t see a spot for this yet but maybe I can figure a place to post something regarding edged tools if there would be any interest in that sort of thing.