Ruger PC Carbine - Range Report

Crossposted from the original.

Took mine out for its shakedown cruise this morning. Overall, it’s quite nice. I used 15 and 33 rnd Glock factory mags as well as 15-rnd Magpul magazines, all feedling reliably with not one hiccup. As far as ammo goes, I broke it in with 150 rounds of Winchester America Steel along with 100 rounds of Winchester 115gr Military. Not one issue.

As far as accuracy, I had a Vortex Sparc II mounted on the picatinny rail. It took a bit to get dialed in, but where the rounds did go was consistent and accurate at 25 yards.

In terms of the trigger, the break is crisp and reset reasonable for an out of the box trigger. I wouldn't change a thing, but I'm sure the 10/22 enthusiasts will want something a bit lighter.

Recoil is negligible. It's more than a 10/22, but that's not saying much. The weight of the rifle pretty much negates any climb when rapid firing. I can say the only time you can feel the weight is when shoulder firing the Glock 33 round mags. Towards the 25th round, you're wondering if your shoulder or the mag will be the first to run out.

Overall, it's great.

I will now post the requisite photos:

(The left target is me walking in the red dot)
LGC Texas - Vice President

Re: Ruger PC Carbine - Range Report

m1ckDELTA wrote:Thanks for the report. I'd love to hear about accuracy out to 50-100 yards. With all this anti-semi talk and my Hi Point 995TS rendered useless after conversion to "featureless" I preordered one; $519.99, the best price I could find.
Next week I’ll be heading to the outdoor range. I’ll have it on a bench rest and see how it does at 50-100 yards.

Thanks for the report. My plans to buy one have been seriously delayed by another purchase. I am a little concerned about FTFs as a result of leverage on the magazine. OTOH, I don’t have any large cap Glock mags.

Looking forward to hearing about how it shoots at 50+ yards. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote:Thanks for the report. My plans to buy one have been seriously delayed by another purchase. I am a little concerned about FTFs as a result of leverage on the magazine. OTOH, I don’t have any large cap Glock mags.

Looking forward to hearing about how it shoots at 50+ yards. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I didn’t have any FTFs, even with the 33-round Glock mag.

Three month update!

Had the PC Carbine out for it's third range trip in as many months of ownership. The charging handle loosening issue has been fully remedied by Blue Locktite. We put through about 150-200 rounds of 115gr FMJ WWB/Remington UMC with absolutely no issues, the charging handle still rock-solid tight.

Also, the Vortex Sparc II continues to be a lot of fun with 100% reliability and no mounting issues on the factory pic-rail. My friend from back-east called it, "almost cheating."

It does run hot when using the "fun-stick" 33-round Glock mags, but I guess that can be expected. I'd just call that TX-world Problems.