Re: First Time Shooting Revolvers

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 pm A quiver of .357 over ones shoulder?????
:-)

My eyes are 65 years old, and they've gotten scuffed from time to time. When I see targets, they're fuzzy objects with dark centers. So when I shoot for the Bullseye matches, I'm shooting at the darkest area of the fuzzy blob above the sharply focused front sight. Same with arrows for me. Downrange there's some shapes and colors. One little spot is denser than other spots somehow, so there is my point of aim. Resonates with me somehow, shooting at the center.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 pm A quiver of .357 over ones shoulder?????

My eyes are 65 years old, and they've gotten scuffed from time to time. When I see targets, they're fuzzy objects with dark centers. So when I shoot for the Bullseye matches, I'm shooting at the darkest area of the fuzzy blob above the sharply focused front sight. Same with arrows for me. Downrange there's some shapes and colors. One little spot is denser than other spots somehow, so there is my point of aim. Resonates with me somehow, shooting at the center.

CDFingers
Yeah, mine will be 63 years old soon. Myopic, astigmatic, and now getting less adaptive and more farsighted--but only than it was.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 pm
CDFingers wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 pm

CDFingers
Yeah, mine will be 63 years old soon. Myopic, astigmatic, and now getting less adaptive and more farsighted--but only than it was.
:)

63 here as well - I Love shooting with open sights, but have the same issue. That's why my "optics" score is always higher (red dot)

Rifles are either scoped or aperture sights. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Bucolic wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:29 am You impudent youngsters! I will hit 66 in June (yikes, 6/66 - the birthday of the Beast??). Ditto on the optics but I keep trying open sights on one rifle and a pinhole on a couple pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Working on my "AK" status. Which has NOTHING to do with guns or firearms! :mrgreen:

Just this morning, my jaw aching, half my face numb, the endodontist's receptionist said I look and sound like Harrison Ford. I guess she's blind, and OBVIOUSLY deaf! :love:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:29 am You impudent youngsters! I will hit 66 in June (yikes, 6/66 - the birthday of the Beast??). Ditto on the optics but I keep trying open sights on one rifle and a pinhole on a couple pistols.

Working on my "AK" status. Which has NOTHING to do with guns or firearms! :mrgreen:

Just this morning, my jaw aching, half my face numb, the endodontist's receptionist said I look and sound like Harrison Ford. I guess she's blind, and OBVIOUSLY deaf! :love:
Harrison Ford of "Indiana Jones", or Harrison Ford as he really is today? Huge difference... ;-)

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

rascally wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote:

Harrison Ford of "Indiana Jones", or Harrison Ford as he really is today? Huge difference... ;-)
Who can tell? She must be blind and deaf! :fun:

SailDesign wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am
CDFingers wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 am
SailDesign wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 pm
CDFingers wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 pm No fiber front site. It's just white. The grips feel so natural now I'm not sure the sights mean much outside of Bullseye matches. Points right where I want it to.

CDFingers
"Points" just where you want it to, but will it "Hit" there...? :)
I'll shoot this current Bullseye match to see. Will post results next week in the Competition sub, and make a note on this thread. :yes:

CDFingers
Cool! :)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47054&start=50#p662132

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:41 pm Ruger with .38 at 7 yards
RugerPoliceService38at7yards.jpg
It finally occurred to me that the Ruger is at least 30 years old. That model died in 1988. Do you suppose it's lived at the range all that time? If so, I'm impressed it still works at all!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Security-Six

Was the red tape holding the grips on?
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.