Another Day in the Sun

...with the son. :)

This 2-hour trip to the range had only one purpose: To get the new scope on the Marlin 795 on paper. That took about, oh, 10 minutes. Since we had the private bay for another hour and 50 minutes, it was time to spray some more SPF70 on my face and enjoy an afternoon.

We brought the aforementioned RemLin wearing a shiny, new, Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32, the G17 (and my carry G19), the Garand, and a pair of MREs ('cause we hadn't had lunch yet).
table1.jpg
table2.jpg
In between bites of beef stew and some sort of mystery chili-mac-like-substance, we enjoyed the sounds of bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang ping!, practiced some defensive pistol, and enjoyed sitting on the hard ground putting little .22-sized holes in targets. We also tried different sized grip widths on the G19 (a Gen 4 model) and determined that I prefer the stock...stock, while the kid still likes the fit of the Beretta M9. His love affair with the 1911 might be waning now that he's growing into his longer fingers. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Dad sunburned his face again, because Euromutt. :oops:

Most importantly, though, we learned that while you can't bump-fire a .22LR, you sure as heck can bump-fire an M1. What a glorious sound that makes! After his eyes returned to normal size, we were both giggling like schoolgirls. :w00t: