Point and Shoot

Hope this is the right place.

I have that cross dominant eye thing...right handed with left eye dominant. I've read lots of fixes and adjustments for it...tried them all.

I don't hunt. I don't have much use for target shooting. I do so love to make a small box dance in the dirt.

I'm lucky to belong to a rural gun club with no range master - often the only one at the range.

What I've found is that I shoot pretty dang well firing point and shoot and not worrying about any of the eyeball adjustment stuff.

Figure if I had to protect myself would be a point and shoot deal anyway....so that's pretty much what I practice.

I don't hit the box every time...but if it were the size of a human I would...most every time...if not that scare 'em with the sound of a bullet passing close by.

Your mileage may differ...just wondering if there are many other point and shoot folks out there?
"Get off my lawn."

Re: Point and Shoot

I mean to practice point shooting now and then, but I almost never get around to it. I think I did it once last Spring.

It's not quite the same, but we should have a repeat of the Compact Challenge postal match. Technically, I still don't have a gun that fits the rules for that. My Spousal Critter's new Cz P-01 would qualify, IIRC, but it has the threaded barrel that puts it over the barrel length limit.

edit: I re-read the rules for that contest and the specs on the Cz and the P-01 would be a few tenths over the barrel length limit regardless. Even the standard version isn't really very compact.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: Point and Shoot

If they can hear the sound of a passing bullet, they are probably too far for justifiable Self Defense.

Just kidding. -I know what you meant.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi