Re: Most fun SHTF gun

Davidson's got a few Rossi 92 stainless .44s last week. Pretty good SHTF gun (I think .44 is easier to reload from a pocket full of ammo than .357, so topping it up would be fairly quick) that should be one of the last long guns to be banned. I was feeling too financially responsible to bite, but I'll put in a stock watch again and hope to be more reckless next time.

Even has tapped holes for a scope mount under the rear site on the barrel, IIRC, if iron sights don't appeal. I hope they haven't dropped that feature in pursuit of a small decrease in labor cost!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

senorgrand wrote:so this happened today
Nice. You'll be quite pleased with the performance. I would suggest some blue loctite on the charging handle knob. If anything, check it for looseness every now and again. I locktite'd mine after the first range trip and it's had no issues after a couple thousand rounds.
LGC Texas - Vice President

senorgrand wrote:so this happened today
Dude you're gonna love it! Mine is so much fun to shoot, it's built like a tank, and it's an absolute laser gun inside 50yds. Plus the 9mm Carbine format seems to strike a really happy middle ground of a lot of different considerations: useful for self-defense, small to medium game hunting, small enough as a takedown to easily transport, but most importantly a day at the range won't break the bank. Best description I've heard so far is "a grown-up's 10/22"

I bought the Copper Basin takedown bag for it, it's super incognito for transporting to and from the range as I'm not a huge fan of broadcasting my gun collection to all my neighbors.

I have about 600 rounds of 9mm to blow through this weekend. Trigger is heavy, but very clean. Apparently springs can be lightened. It takes glock sticks and I switched the charging handle to the left side. Might switch mag release to right side. Stock has one spacer and it feels pretty good, but I can add another 1" of LOP if necessary. Comes with fiber optic front sight and I LOVE that it's not black...black plastic guns are so boring.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:I have about 600 rounds of 9mm to blow through this weekend. Trigger is heavy, but very clean. Apparently springs can be lightened. It takes glock sticks and I switched the charging handle to the left side. Might switch mag release to right side. Stock has one spacer and it feels pretty good, but I can add another 1" of LOP if necessary. Comes with fiber optic front sight and I LOVE that it's not black...black plastic guns are so boring.
For sure, I'm going to get mine cerakoted FDE as soon as I settle on accessories. I just ordered one of these for "tacticool kicks" https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI ... -crpc9.htm

Been considering switching the mag release to the right side so that my left hand is always supporting the weight and my right hand is always operating the rifle. Would there be any reason not to run it this way? I'm curious why you switched the charging handle to the left side.

I can keep my right hand on the gun and perform all actions, except operating the bolt (unless I reach over the top).

Less gymnastics for me for a PCC. If it was long range rifle, I would probably operate everything right handed and keep my off hand glued to the fore.

But with the controls of the pcc, I can keep my right hand glued to the stock. Given that the rifle is very butt-heavy, that suits me fine.

senorgrand wrote:I can keep my right hand on the gun and perform all actions, except operating the bolt (unless I reach over the top).

Less gymnastics for me for a PCC. If it was long range rifle, I would probably operate everything right handed and keep my off hand glued to the fore.

But with the controls of the pcc, I can keep my right hand glued to the stock. Given that the rifle is very butt-heavy, that suits me fine.
Fair points.

I'd love to hear your range report after this weekend.

Just put 500 rounds through my Ruger PCC...damn is it FUN. Especially ringing steel. Sights are great. Trigger is pretty good (a little heavy, but no creep or grit). Shells eject FORWARD!

Gonna lighten the springs and put a sling on it. Having the mag and bolt on the left is the way to go. Oh, and it loves cheap 115g.

senorgrand wrote:Just put 500 rounds through my Ruger PCC...damn is it FUN. Especially ringing steel. Sights are great. Trigger is pretty good (a little heavy, but no creep or grit). Shells eject FORWARD!

Gonna lighten the springs and put a sling on it. Having the mag and bolt on the left is the way to go. Oh, and it loves cheap 115g.
Yeah dude. I'm sold on that thing after shooting yours. It's like a 10/22 for adults. I really wish it was available in something other than plastic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 pm
senorgrand wrote:Just put 500 rounds through my Ruger PCC...damn is it FUN. Especially ringing steel. Sights are great. Trigger is pretty good (a little heavy, but no creep or grit). Shells eject FORWARD!

Yeah dude. I'm sold on that thing after shooting yours. It's like a 10/22 for adults. I really wish it was available in something other than plastic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Then you want a Beretta Cx4 Storm! JUST KIDDING :lol: :clap: (the whole thing is mostly plastic is why!) Then there's the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, that looks like it was designed by a plumber on LSD, but it folds to 16", like an AR-7 only much faster, and shoots either 9mm or .40
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."