Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Most fun SHTF gun

Post by K9s »

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm
shinzen wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 pm
senorgrand wrote:Just put 500 rounds through my Ruger PCC...damn is it FUN. Especially ringing steel. Sights are great. Trigger is pretty good (a little heavy, but no creep or grit). Shells eject FORWARD!

Gonna lighten the springs and put a sling on it. Having the mag and bolt on the left is the way to go. Oh, and it loves cheap 115g.
Yeah dude. I'm sold on that thing after shooting yours. It's like a 10/22 for adults. I really wish it was available in something other than plastic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Then you want a Beretta Cx4 Storm! JUST KIDDING :lol: :clap: (the whole thing is mostly plastic is why!) Then there's the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, that looks like it was designed by a plumber on LSD, but it folds to 16", like an AR-7 only much faster, and shoots either 9mm or .40
+1 for the S2K! :)

And....

The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

senorgrand wrote:Just put 500 rounds through my Ruger PCC...damn is it FUN. Especially ringing steel. Sights are great. Trigger is pretty good (a little heavy, but no creep or grit). Shells eject FORWARD!

Gonna lighten the springs and put a sling on it. Having the mag and bolt on the left is the way to go. Oh, and it loves cheap 115g.
It's seriously ridiculous how fun this gun is, best ~$400 I've ever spent on a firearm. Eats cheap-ass 115gr ammo all day, you can shoot steel at reasonably close ranges, laser-gun accurate at short to medium ranges, and when you're done it breaks down into a large backpack. Oh, and recoil... What recoil? That tungsten deadblow weight was really smart, this thing kicks like a baby chinchilla at nap time. In short, I'm happy you're enjoying it, I had a feeling you would :)

shinzen
Site Admin

Post by shinzen »

K9s wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm
shinzen wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Yeah dude. I'm sold on that thing after shooting yours. It's like a 10/22 for adults. I really wish it was available in something other than plastic.

Then you want a Beretta Cx4 Storm! JUST KIDDING Image :clap: (the whole thing is mostly plastic is why!) Then there's the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, that looks like it was designed by a plumber on LSD, but it folds to 16", like an AR-7 only much faster, and shoots either 9mm or .40
+1 for the S2K! :)

And....

That's just mean.

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by senorgrand »

It's a keeper!

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

I think a fun SHTF gun needs a bayonet.
P1010269.JPG
Was digging through old files and found this.

CDFingers
ImageImage
Turn on channel six, the President comes on the news,
Says, "I get no satisfaction, that's why I sing the blues."

max129
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by max129 »

This. is. what you need:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peak-Case-Viol ... 3448485285
s-l1600.jpg

eBHE!

[eBay Has Everything!]

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

CDFingers wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 am

P1010269.JPG

CDFingers
Good point!

Pun intended
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

"Where's my Stradivarius?" --Rufus T. Firefly "Duck Soup"
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

CDFingers wrote:

P1010269.JPG

CDFingers
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (36.49 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
DSC03321.jpg

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Marlene »

Ouch

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

K9s wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:27 pm
CDFingers wrote:

P1010269.JPG

CDFingers
Wow! that makes about as much sense a bayonet on...a Glock 19! :see_stars:

(Kinda defeats the point of an S2K doncha think?)
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by senorgrand »

I believe KelTec actually made a folding bayonet.

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

Yes, it is completely silly. I found that on the interwebs. Someone actually thought it was a good idea, I guess.

If you want a bayonet on that Ruger, I am sure it can be done!

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

"Can you fire a missile sideways?" -- Jack Ryan
"Sure. Why would you want to?" --Skip Tyler

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

If I really wanted a bayonet, I would prefer the spike bayonet on my Chinese SKS. Very solid.

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

kronkmusic wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 pm
It's seriously ridiculous how fun this gun is, best ~$400 I've ever spent on a firearm. Eats cheap-ass 115gr ammo all day, you can shoot steel at reasonably close ranges, laser-gun accurate at short to medium ranges, and when you're done it breaks down into a large backpack. Oh, and recoil... What recoil? That tungsten deadblow weight was really smart, this thing kicks like a baby chinchilla at nap time. In short, I'm happy you're enjoying it, I had a feeling you would :)
Wow, where’d you get a Ruger PCC for 4 bills?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

Bisbee wrote:
kronkmusic wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 pm
Wow, where’d you get a Ruger PCC for 4 bills?
Palmetto State Armory had them on sale a few weeks ago for $399 w/free shipping.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

Wow. Glad I missed that. I would have bought one and then had to get a Security 9 or something to match.

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

K9s wrote:Wow. Glad I missed that. I would have bought one and then had to get a Security 9 or something to match.
Well it works with Glock mags, so there's a decent chance you already have something to match. I do like the Security 9 though, it's a heck of a lot of gun for the money, like most Ruger products.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

kronkmusic wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:28 pm
K9s wrote:Wow. Glad I missed that. I would have bought one and then had to get a Security 9 or something to match.
Well it works with Glock mags, so there's a decent chance you already have something to match. I do like the Security 9 though, it's a heck of a lot of gun for the money, like most Ruger products.
Glock? Nope. No Glock mags here. :roflmao:

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Laugh all you want, but at the end of the world the only thing left will be cockroaches and Glocks. A Ruger PCC alongside a Glock 17/19 is the most logical SHTF combo.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

Bisbee wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Laugh all you want, but at the end of the world the only thing left will be cockroaches and Glocks. A Ruger PCC alongside a Glock 17/19 is the most logical SHTF combo.
Hah! And I'd say a Sub2K that takes either Ruger or Beretta mags (or even S&K) is the ultimate SHTF rifle.

featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by featureless »

Well, if the PCC ever supports M&P mags, I may have to get one.

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Yeah, but is the S2K as fun as the PCC?.. I scoff at any rifle that employs a pipe for a cheek weld. And is it really just a single pin that holds the rifle together and keeps it from collapsing in on itself? Hmmm...
:lol: