A day of firsts!

Over the weekend I got my wife to the range for her first time ever. Finally. We took an introductory pistol class so that she could become familiar with safe handling and basic operations from someone other than me. It was divided between classroom and range. The in-class portion was a bit rushed, but covered all the basics. Then we got to shooting.

We picked out a PPQ chambered in .22 for her. She went from nervous to even pick it up to eagerly refilling the mag so she could send the next shots down range. Her grip and trigger pull fundamentals were great from the start. Her first group was a bit high, but a nice tight group. Towards the end of the session shots were pretty much all in the black. Most importantly, though, she's way less afraid of the scary unknown, and actually kind of likes shooting.

I shot a 1911 for the first time, it was a Sig. Overall I liked it, and with some pointers from the instructor got my shots a little more accurate. Initially my groups were low, and with better trigger control, I brought them up and on target. Eventually I started anticipating the recoil, and bracing before the actual trigger pull. Probably with some practice, I'd like it more, but I think I'll stick to my P227 for my 45.

Last edited by ThereAreDozensOfUs on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.