Blue Wave in Mississippi?

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Blue Wave in Mississippi?

#1 Post by K9s » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 pm

OK, not a blue wave, but maybe a chance to sneak in another Dem senator from a ruby red state? I would laugh my butt off if this happened. Never say never.

How a Democrat could finagle a win in Mississippi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... -democrats
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

HuckleberryFun
Loquacious

Re: Blue Wave in Mississippi?

#2 Post by HuckleberryFun » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:36 am

Mississippi is not what most people think. It could happen. Not likely, but not impossible.
I recently read the book Dispatches From Pluto, by Richard Grant that perforated some of my preconceptions (and validated some others). Written by an English expat who lived in NYC for some years, he bought some acres in the Delta and moved there with his longtime girlfriend. Not being a Yankee with the attendant baggage, he was more or less accepted into both the white and black communities. I recommend it.

One takeaway: yes, MS is conservative and religious but there is also a large minority of people who are not.
These numerous nonconformists keep a low profile, but they do vote.
2EF61398-8DC1-4922-BACB-363D0CBB6A98.jpeg
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

#3 Post by K9s » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Mississippi is like a lot of places but has unique issues. They were literally destroyed in the Civil War and kept in extreme poverty by their own politicians. Voter suppression and gerrymandering have hit them hard. It is a long, uphill battle to overcome the history of Mississippi.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

#4 Post by Bisbee » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 am

Spam reported
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi