Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Arizona’s First Female Senator

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

#1 Post by TrueTexan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 pm

After a delay in ballot counting following last week’s midterm election, Democrat Kyrsten Sinema was officially announced as the winner of Arizona’s Senate race on Monday. She becomes the state’s first female U.S. senator.

Sinema defeated Republican Martha McSally, who was leading on Wednesday with 790,911 votes to Sinema’s 768,737, with about 75 percent of precincts reporting. By Monday, the nearly 1 million remaining ballots were finally counted, and Sinema emerged on top.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kr ... 438895c9bc

One down two more to go.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Arizona’s First Female Senator

#2 Post by Bisbee » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm

How did a Texan end up telling me about this historic election result in my state?!?

:yahoo:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#3 Post by YankeeTarheel » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:28 pm

McSally clearly couldn't get around her lying about "preserving pre-existing condition coverage" when she voted repeatedly to REPEAL the ACA.
Besides the Retrumplicans' idea of preserving the pre-existing condition coverage, they leave out the tiny detail that the COST of it will be unaffordable.
"Of course you can buy any car on the lot! If you can't afford the Bugatti or even the Ferrari, it doesn't mean it's not AVAILABLE :sarcasm:
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member

#4 Post by Bucolic » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 am

Bisbee wrote:How did a Texan end up telling me about this historic election result in my state?!?

Well, you must admit that Bisbee, the town, not our distinguished and beloved colleague (I.e. you), is kinda unstuck in time.

As a former Arizonan, I am uplifted by the news! Arizona politics, while always wacky (Ev Meecham, Fife Symington, et al.), are rarely uplifting. This is Yuge!
Last edited by Bucolic on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neverthless, she persisted.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by YankeeTarheel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 am

Bisbee wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm
How did a Texan end up telling me about this historic election result in my state?!?

:clap2: Kick back! Good news is good news! :yahoo:
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain
My son says: "Don't argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!" -- YT

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#6 Post by highdesert » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:11 am

The Associated Press declared Sinema the winner late last night, votes in Maricopa and Pima counties pushed her over the top. Sinema honed a centrist and bipartisan voting record in the House which better matches Arizona's electorate while McSally became more Trumplike during the campaign. Nevada and Arizona which Democrats captured will be easier seats to defend than North Dakota and Indiana which they lost.

CNN announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnAgpyuPuQ

Yes - Evan Meecham, Fife Symington, Joe Arpaio - Arizona has had some real "winners" over the years and on the other hand the big city of Tucson has a gay police chief.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#7 Post by highdesert » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Chris Cillizza at CNN shares the "real reason" Martha McSally conceded the senate race.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/politics ... index.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan