Democrats sue the Trump campaign and Russia...

link to reuters article here https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... KBN1HR2BE
Reuters Staff wrote:The Democratic Party sued Russia, Republican President Donald Trump’s campaign and WikiLeaks on Friday, charging that they conspired to disrupt the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a court filing showed.

The party alleges in the federal lawsuit in Manhattan that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hurt Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and tilt the election to Trump by hacking Democratic Party computers.
First reaction to this article from me was :hmm: followed by :wall:

While I appreciate the sentiment, is there anything that can come of this? Last time I checked there was no civil remedy for election fraud or disruption. Also I don't know if there is a way to remand a civil case to criminal court even if there is enough evidence. If there was enough evidence, shouldn't the state attorneys general be pushing this instead of the democratic party?

Not to mention suing Russia is about the same as posting "I hate Putin/Russia" on the internet in effect. The only difference is the name the trolls use when responding.

Re: Democrats sue the Trump campaign and Russia...

It's a stretch at this point in time unless they have hard evidence, much of it appears to come from newspaper stories. Discovery might not produce everything they need to win and Trump will end up gloating.
The lawsuit -- which seeks unspecified damages, likely in the millions of dollars -- claims the alleged fraud, theft and conspiracy damaged the party and its 2016 nominee, Hillary Clinton. Trump is not one of the people being sued by the Democrats, but the lawsuit does name Donald J. Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner and Roger Stone, among others.
If they crash and burn on this one it's their fault.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Democrats sue the Trump campaign and Russia...

Just gives Turnip more Tweeter fodder to make an ass of himself. He doesn’t have his fixer to payoff everybody. Not he first time the Dems have sued they did the same thing with Nixon re-election campaign and won.

CNBC has good coverage including the Turnip campaign response.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/democra ... eport.html

Surprise the Turnip campaign response has more than 240 characters.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,