Hypocrisy And Fascism

A feature of fascism is its incoherence and internal inconsistencies.

. . . fascist campaigns are corrupt to their core and yet run on anti-corruption messaging. They appeal to the dominant group by depicting the group as victims. A fascist speaks for the whole and yet doesn’t care about others . . .

What should we make of these inconsistencies? Liberals typically resort to charges of hypocrisy. Yet calling out hypocrisy assumes that consistency has value, that the Trump GOP cares about acting in accordance with principles, and that, in general, our public discourse should be held together with standards of logical coherence. Yet in point of fact, charges of hypocrisy are doing nothing. The Trump GOP nevertheless persist. Why?
Because you can't get there from here.

https://thevimblog.com/2018/08/07/hypocrisy-to-fascism/

Re: Hypocrisy And Fascism

I'm surprised nobody's commented on this blog yet. I thought it was very good. It helped me gain perspective as to why Turnip and minions don't give a damned about integrity or truth. There is a methodology they are consciously or unconsciously following in order to confuse the enemy (rational peoples) so they can stay in power. It's all about winning in the short term.

I see many more Americans are openly behaving in this hostile way now. I guess they see it wins in the short term but haven't seen what happens when the other shoe comes home to roost.
:thanks:
Last edited by Bisbee on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

A very good Blog. It fits into what I have said before on knowing the path we are traveling along with how we got to this point. To understand what is happening now, read the first half of The rise and Fall of the Third Reich. It is not an exact blueprint, but and algorithm of what is happening now.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

With tRump and crew it's all about manipulating the Media, spreading falsehoods and Jingoism.
There are too many similarities with the rise of Fascism in Germany and the current administration to be ignored.
They are still hypocrites...and Fascists, good read/Blog.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

What is truly bizarre is Donny Dumpling calling his own interview "fake news" because he claims The Sun didn't report his positive comments about the prime minister, only his negative comments, which was total bull crap. His camp followers are either willfully ignorant or stupid.

But I believe that's exactly the point of the article that you linked to, Harriss. Calling BS and hypocrisy on their words/actions is simply ineffective because THEY DON'T CARE. Their whole purpose is to generate enough noise and chaff that it overwhelms the critical public while it buoys up his mindless supporters.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:29 pm But I believe that's exactly the point of the article that you linked to, Harriss. Calling BS and hypocrisy on their words/actions is simply ineffective because THEY DON'T CARE. Their whole purpose is to generate enough noise and chaff that it overwhelms the critical public while it buoys up his mindless supporters.
The liberal press doesn't hammer this home enough. We have to get out of our bubbles and echo chambers and hammer home to Donny's camp followers the absurdity of his statements. Even Reuters saw through his bogus nonsense. I wouldn't exactly call Reuters a bastion of the liberal press. Hopefully cognitive dissonance will soon follow.

I agreed with the premises of the blog. Yet another feature of fascism is not only to say one thing and do another, but to do a thing that violates the office while daring the rest of the .gov to "do something"--which the hapless Repubs won't.
U.S. President Donald Trump said in a statement he reserves the right to ignore the defense authorization law’s ban on U.S. recognition of Russian sovereignty over Crimea, among 50 other provisions he says tread on his authority as president.

Trump issued a 15-page signing statement Monday to accompany the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act that voiced his constitutional concerns with an array of language, including limits on U.S. support to the Saudi campaign in Yemen, limits on transfers of Guantanamo Bay detainees, limits on withdrawing U.S. forces from South Korea and enhanced reporting of civilian casualties.

Trump was also concerned with provisions limiting his ability to retire Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System aircraft and to retire intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Trump objected to four of eight provisions focused on Russia. For example, the law would limit the use of federal funds to recognize Russian control over Crimea, but Trump asserted his authority as commander in chief, saying the law would unduly “dictate the position of the United States in external military and foreign affairs.”
https://www.defensenews.com/congress/20 ... st-signed/

Obviously treasonous and fascist behavior while simultaneously daring the R's to act. Moreover, this is the president the founders feared, the one against whom they arrayed checks and balances. Unfortunately, those checks and balances require other politicians to act.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2018/ ... 49688.html

Vote.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Yes, and that "daring action" can be viewed the chipping away or taking of powers from a multi-party system of checks and balances into a single party power called Totalitarianism.

Hitler manipulating the dissolution of the Reichstag is the final strike of a series of actions meant to consolidate power into the hands of one (Nazi) party.

The US is stronger than post WWI Germany but the actions of this administration do mirror what happened in that time of German history and it's important to stay aware of the parallels.