Re: Trump Considers Declaring National Emergency

Wino wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:09 pm Damn!! He stayed on point and followed the script - same old same old lies and exaggerations. Albeit, he did seem a little lackluster and a bit reticent and unsure. Maybe he's finally wearing down???
Just a campaign video paid for by all the major networks. He's an empty suit. He's got nothin'--the House ain't gonna give him shit for the wall.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I give the max of 7 days before emergency declared on border wall. Turd will never admit defeat and no way he can extract himself from his self made quagmire without losing face - he is unable/incapable to accept being in the wrong. Art of the deal, my ass !!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Just minutes after the speech he was demanding his followers send him money.
The Trump presidency has been little more than an extension of his presidential campaign, starting when he filed papers for re-election the day he was sworn in to office.

So perhaps it comes as no surprise that literally minutes after delivering his first primetime Oval Office address to the nation on what he labeled the “crisis” at the border, Trump was fundraising off his speech.
On Tuesday night, about 15 minutes after President Trump finished his speech, likely thousands if not millions of supporters received a text asking them to “Donate to the Official Secure the Border Fund NOW.”
If that weren’t enough, Trump sent a fearmongering fundraising email, trashing Democratic leaders and urging supporters to donate half a million dollars by 9 PM, the time of his speech. The email was sent around 5:30 PM.

“Drugs are poisoning our loved ones,” it reads. “MS-13 gang members are threatening our safety.” “Illegal criminals are flooding our nation,” it warns.

“I want to make one thing clear to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi: Your safety is not a political game or a negotiation tactic!”

If these scare tactics weren’t enough, Trump used high-pressure tactics to eek every dime out of his supporters – many of whom are low income earners or retirees.

“I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund,” the email reads.

In other words, the President of the United states is saying if you don’t send him money, you’re not a patriotic American. And he’s taking names. Literally.

“Please make a special contribution of $5 by 9 PM EST to our Official Secure the Border Fund to have your name sent to me after my speech.”

The Official Secure the Border Fund is not a fund that will actually secure the border. It’s just Trump’s re-election campaign fund.
https://www.alternet.org/2019/01/trump- ... e-address/

We know he is a con artist and huckster. Does he think he is now a TV Evangelist?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I belonged to a prepper forum back in the Obama years. It was a bitch being a liberal in such a conservative group. They all kept talking about how Obama was going to declare martial law, and put everyone in a FEMA camp, and outlaw guns. They just went on and on about it.
Now Trump is openly trying to declare a national emergency (miniature version of martial law), he has children herded into detention camps, and has banned bump stocks.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Well Donnie Jr. stuck both feet in it, up to his ass with this tweet
Donald Trump Jr. is getting called out for an Instagram message he posted that compared the proposed border wall to a zoo fence.

“You know why you can enjoy a day at the zoo?” the son of President Donald Trump wrote in an Instagram story on Tuesday night. “Because walls work.”

Trump, who in the past has compared immigrants to a bowl of Skittles in which some of the candies were poisoned, was quickly slammed on social media:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/don ... s-politics

This shows Like Father, Like Son and the rotten fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Hiker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:32 pm I belonged to a prepper forum back in the Obama years. It was a bitch being a liberal in such a conservative group. They all kept talking about how Obama was going to declare martial law, and put everyone in a FEMA camp, and outlaw guns. They just went on and on about it.
Now Trump is openly trying to declare a national emergency (miniature version of martial law), he has children herded into detention camps, and has banned bump stocks.
Yes, but isn't it interesting to see what the other side is thinking? I have been a member of another firearms forum for about 6 years. It is heavily, but not exclusively, populated by folks who are far to the right of center politically. I joined that forum and recently joined this one to benefit from the technical expertise of the members. But I thoroughly enjoy surfing the "free for all" discussion areas. And, as one might suspect, they are nearly mirror images of one another. On this forum, Trump = bad, on the other forum, Obama/Clinton = bad. No matter the issue and with much hyperbole! But, often entertaining.

OTOH, both forums have 1 thing in common, a love of firearms and opposition to Gov't intrusion and restrictions on ownership.

Doesn't the wall abrogate the T. Roosevelt treaty with the Cocopah tribe, granting free & unhindered access between their native lands in Mexico and their granted reservation South of Yuma, AZ?

There is an interesting story behind this, but it's not the first time the gov crapped on natives...

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

SubRosa wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 pm Doesn't the wall abrogate the T. Roosevelt treaty with the Cocopah tribe, granting free & unhindered access between their native lands in Mexico and their granted reservation South of Yuma, AZ?

There is an interesting story behind this, but it's not the first time the gov crapped on natives...

SR
Not the first time? :? I believe you can count the times the government has kept to a treaty with Native Americans on one hand of a guy with no arms! :oops:

The Orange shit-stain stormed out of the meeting in a total tantrum when Momma Nancy told spoiled brat Baby Donnie he wasn't allowed to waste money on his useless toy!
Every ReTrump toady (like Pence) lied their ass off about what happened!

The shit-stain is panicking and getting desperate and he clearly has been warned that declaring a national emergency will really blow up in his face and the courts may WELL strike it down!
The only national emergency is the one he created!

And still Mueller's report day creeps closer and closer and closer!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:47 pm Well Donnie Jr. stuck both feet in it, up to his ass with this tweet
Donald Trump Jr. is getting called out for an Instagram message he posted that compared the proposed border wall to a zoo fence.

“You know why you can enjoy a day at the zoo?” the son of President Donald Trump wrote in an Instagram story on Tuesday night. “Because walls work.”

Trump, who in the past has compared immigrants to a bowl of Skittles in which some of the candies were poisoned, was quickly slammed on social media:

This shows Like Father, Like Son and the rotten fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Stupid is as Stupid does.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:37 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:47 pm Well Donnie Jr. stuck both feet in it, up to his ass with this tweet

Stupid is as Stupid does.

VooDoo
Kinda like George W. Bush was to George H.W. Bush .... only GHWB was a very smart man and GWB is pretty dumb---and The Orange shit-stain is already a moron so...
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

He slapped tariffs on our allies - claiming National Security reasons. He declared bankruptcy more often than most people change addresses. Even if DJT "declares" an emergency, we will get around it. The next prez could do nearly anything better than DJT for the wrong reasons. Ban guns? Intern xyz-Americans and foreign nationals? Lucky for us, this guy is an idiot surrounded by idiots. The next Faux News Prez & Congress is what scares me. Trump loves to "declare" things. He is such a reality TV star....
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Attachments
I+do+declare.jpg

So...the shit-stain is going to drain badly need emergency recover funds for his idiotic vanity wall.
And the lies keep coming "I never said Mexico would give us a check." Yeah, he did, saying they'd make a $5 billion or more lump-sum payment.
When told that a steel fence was cut through he said "That was not mine but by previous Presidents". Nope. Someone used a sawzall-type tool to cut through one of the shit-stain's test wall.
And, of course, he said he'd be proud to shut down the government on Dec 11, only to say on Jan 10 that it was Democrats who were responsible.

He also, with the "morality" of Assad, said if he doesn't make millions of Americans suffer, "you won't give me what I want".

I blame every Republican who voted for him, won't stand against him, seeks to get what they can from him, and are selling out the nation by not actively, loudly seeking his removal.

The GOP legislators that vehemently support him in the media are horrifying. I also agree that the Dems should not reward bad behavior. I do wish both sides could come together and show that government can work for the people. Some GOP should decide to work for government.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 am So...the shit-stain is going to drain badly need emergency recover funds for his idiotic vanity wall.
And the lies keep coming "I never said Mexico would give us a check." Yeah, he did, saying they'd make a $5 billion or more lump-sum payment.
When told that a steel fence was cut through he said "That was not mine but by previous Presidents". Nope. Someone used a sawzall-type tool to cut through one of the shit-stain's test wall.
And, of course, he said he'd be proud to shut down the government on Dec 11, only to say on Jan 10 that it was Democrats who were responsible.

He also, with the "morality" of Assad, said if he doesn't make millions of Americans suffer, "you won't give me what I want".

I blame every Republican who voted for him, won't stand against him, seeks to get what they can from him, and are selling out the nation by not actively, loudly seeking his removal.
Yes, this. Trump also creates crises and then comes up with half-baked solutions to "solve" them.

FDT

TrueTexan wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:37 pm I wonder if it is a Russian Mob linked company that will get the contract to build the wall or maybe it will be KBR and a cost plus contract?
I also wondered who was getting this contract. His aluminum tariffs and other "actions" seem to be related to donors, Mnuchin's friends, and his friends/associates/mob bosses.

So much corruption, so little oversight.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt