Au Pair needed at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW

Trump administration tells Coast Guard employees that ‘garage sales’ and ‘babysitting’ can help during the government shutdown: report

Federal employees, their families, and those dependent on them remain caught in the crossfire of President Donald Trump’s pointless and destructive government shutdown, which he triggered in a desperate attempt…

Federal employees, their families, and those dependent on them remain caught in the crossfire of President Donald Trump’s pointless and destructive government shutdown, which he triggered in a desperate attempt to procure funding for his promised border wall. And so far, based on Trump’s tantrum’s there’s no end to the shutdown in sight.

In the rush to extract concessions from Democrats, the president has left hundreds of thousands of federal workers in the lurch — and has been giving them dreadful advice about how to cope. According to a new report from the Washington Post, Coast Guard officials told its employees that they should consider holding garage sales, babysitting, and becoming a “mystery shopper” to make ends meet before funds are restored.

A spokesman later told the Post that the tip sheet doesn’t reflect the Coast Guard’s advice anymore.

But it’s not just the Coast Guard who has been giving bizarre advice. The administration’s Office of Personnel Management has previously suggested that furloughed employees could offer to do chores for their landlords in lieu of paying their full rent while their paychecks are on hold.

Meanwhile, Trump’s comments about federal workers have hardly been reassuring. He has said that the workers are happy to go without pay in order to get funding for the wall. But he has also said that most of the federal employees going without pay are Democrats.

“I can relate, and I’m sure that the people that are on the receiving end will make adjustments, they always do, and they’ll make adjustments,” Trump said Sunday about federal employees. “People understand exactly what’s going on. But many of those people that won’t be receiving a paycheck, many of those people agree 100 percent with what I’m doing.”

Many observers mocked the idea that Trump, who inherited vast amounts of wealth from his rich father, could “relate” to furloughed federal workers, many of whom live paycheck to paycheck and are struggling to get by.

Remit applications to: fuckem.all.buildmywall@whitehouse.gov

I hope Cohen 'spills the beans' in open court on the Great Orange Stain.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.