Arizona ranchers who supported Trump wall now have doubts about border plans

The following is a story I read in the LA Times about my neighbor, John Ladd, a cattle rancher living 20 min from my house in SE AZ. What he says about The Wall on our Southern border is personal, it stands in his land and affects his livelihood, and his doubts of its cost and effectiveness is echoed throughout the Southwest by people immediate impacted by Turnip’s rhetoric.

This article includes nice pictures...

Arizona ranchers who supported Trump wall now have doubts about border plans
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ar ... story.html
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Arizona ranchers who supported Trump wall now have doubts about border plans

Saw that article, very interesting. Their problem is with the US Border Patrol and how they patrol the border area. Donnie and the media wackos see the wall as the panacea, build it and our border problems are solved forever. These border residents argue that's not the case.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Arizona ranchers who supported Trump wall now have doubts about border plans

Residents on the Texas border feel the fence is a waste and they don’t like taking their property for the fence. Much of the property has been owned by the same family for generations. Interesting the ones you hear most about the land being taken are Hispanic. Also the fence will leave large amounts of land in Texas on the Mexico side of the fence. Orange Slime had said the fence would be built on the border. That is interesting since the border from El Paso to Brownsville Texas is the middle of the Rio Grande River.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,