Re: Measles outbreak is now a political issue between left and right.

DavidMS wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm What interests me is that the right could have taken this as an opportunity to punish their opponents and declare vaccine refusal as another example of dangerous liberal permissiveness but instead went against trusting expert opinion and decided to make vaccination a matter of personal conscience.
Yes, being associated with kooky Californians is a stretch, but they might see it as an extension of their support for religious exemptions which CA banned. Still they're in company with left wingers like Robert Kennedy, Jr and actress Jessica Biel (married to Justin Timberlake) who were recently in Sacramento lobbying the CA legislature against the bill to tighten up medical exemptions.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 505205001/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Measles outbreak is now a political issue between left and right.

I've only known one person who admitted to being anti-vax. Poorly educated dumbass. Very much influenced by social media. He claimed "personal beliefs" which meant he read about it on FB. He honestly had no defense when I asked why he didn't vaccinate his four young kids.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt