Mike Pompeo Is Excited About How Much Money We Can Make From Catastrophic Climate Change

A new trade route for energy supplies is opening up north of the Arctic Circle as some of the warmest temperatures on record shrink ice caps.

I wonder if he realizes that opens up the seas for the Russian Navy to harass more countries? Or those pesky rising oceans might flood cities and submerge islands?

https://splinternews.com/mike-pompeo-is ... 1834577999
Naysayers among us might look at the prospect of catastrophic climate change, and see nothing but doom and gloom: mass extinctions, flooded coastal cities, and other semi-apocalyptic outcomes for planet Earth’s increasingly fragile ecosystem. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, however, is not one of those people. He’s an optimist, cheerfully swigging from a glass half full of melted polar ice cap.

Speaking at a summit in Finland on Monday, Pompeo cast one of the major effects of climate change—the melting polar ice caps—not as a catastrophe but as a potential boon. Why? Because it will enable us to sell more things, more quickly.

“Steady reductions in sea ice are opening new passageways and new opportunity for trade. This could potentially slash the time it stakes to travel between Asia and the west by as much as 20 days,” Pompeo explained. “Arctic sea lanes could become the 21st century Suez and Panama Canals.”
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Mike Pompeo Is Excited About How Much Money We Can Make From Catastrophic Climate Change

Funny. It won't be until we lose the Arctic sea ice that we will really see what we've done to our planet. Our weather systems in the Northern Hemisphere will no longer resemble those in which we evolved. It will be pretty neat counting our oil money while we starve to death as deluge/drought cycles decimate modern agriculture. I'd gloat about that shit too, if I was a soulless asshole that thought I could eat money.