Trump announces he invited the Taliban to the US — but then he ‘called off’ peace negotiations

President Donald Trump announced via Twitter on Saturday that he had invited the Taliban to the United States — but ended up calling off peace negotiations.

“Unbeknownst to almost everyone, the major Taliban leaders and, separately, the President of Afghanistan, were going to secretly meet with me at Camp David on Sunday. They were coming to the United States tonight,” Trump revealed.

“Unfortunately, in order to build false leverage, they admitted to an attack in Kabul that killed one of our great great (sic) soldiers, and 11 other people. I immediately cancelled (sic) the meeting and called off peace negotiations,” he continued.

“What kind of people would kill so many in order to seemingly strengthen their bargaining position?” he asked. “They didn’t, they only made it worse!”

“If they cannot agree to a ceasefire during these very important peace talks, and would even kill 12 innocent people, then they probably don’t have the power to negotiate a meaningful agreement anyway,” he argued.

“How many more decades are they willing to fight?” he asked, ominously.

The war in Afghanistan has been going on for over 18 years. Trump has vowed he would bring our troops home, but has so far failed to fulfill his promise.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump ... otiations/

I would like to hear this story from a reliable source before I would believe any of this.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Trump announces he invited the Taliban to the US — but then he ‘called off’ peace negotiations

Agreed. There has to be corroborating evidence before this can be believed.

On the other hand, as much as it pains me to say this, he's right with the overall sentiment of what he said. These attacks happen while we're at the bargaining table? Screw 'em. Less boots on the ground, but put as many planes in the air as we can and keep looking for targets of our own.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

Re: Trump announces he invited the Taliban to the US — but then he ‘called off’ peace negotiations

MayhemVI wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm Agreed. There has to be corroborating evidence before this can be believed.

On the other hand, as much as it pains me to say this, he's right with the overall sentiment of what he said. These attacks happen while we're at the bargaining table? Screw 'em. Less boots on the ground, but put as many planes in the air as we can and keep looking for targets of our own.
The Reptilians were also negotiating peace talks with North Vietnam and the VietCong wile still fighting a losing war.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,