Fed: unlimited bond purchases 3/23

So many executive orders, so much twitter. What to do? Well, discuss it here for one...

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Fed: unlimited bond purchases 3/23

Post by CDFingers »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ronavirus/

There's always some pol who wants to print money to get us out of any jam. Gee, let's do it.

Fiat currency is just so adorable. $1.00 from 1967 is worth $7.81 today. As I recall, my dad's six pack of beer did not cost one dollar. If I were to buy a sixer of Sierra Nevada Hazy Little IPA, it would cost about seventy five bucks when we compare. But it only costs about eight bucks today. Ceiling Cat willing, in twenty years a sixer will still cost nine bucks, though a house might be seven million dollars. I love fiat currency. I mean, really. Who needs the value of a dollar to remain the same? [/s]

CDFingers
ImageImage
Turn on channel six, the President comes on the news,
Says, "I get no satisfaction, that's why I sing the blues."

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Fed: unlimited bond purchases 3/23

Post by kronkmusic »

Wow yeah this won't work. They still don't get it, you can't "save" the market until people can return to their normal lives and go about their business, and people are going to need support until they can do that.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

we're using fiats for money now??!! yes, they're small but i don't think i can get more than 1 in my pocket.
ok, ok, j/k
isn't this the sort of thing that got germany into trouble after ww1?

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by TrueTexan »

lurker wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 am
we're using fiats for money now??!! yes, they're small but i don't think i can get more than 1 in my pocket.
ok, ok, j/k
isn't this the sort of thing that got germany into trouble after ww1?
And our inflation era of the late 60s -early 80s. Remember Nixons price controls and Carter/ Reagan inflation rates. The inflation rate has continued all these years not as fast. But the buying powers has decreased due to the government changing the way the Cost of Living (COLA) is calculated.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by featureless »

They'd do better suspending trading and pouring money into mortgages and rents. At least people would still have a place to live when this shit show subsides.

TrueTexan
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by TrueTexan »

featureless wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:17 pm
They'd do better suspending trading and pouring money into mortgages and rents. At least people would still have a place to live when this shit show subsides.
But,But But Think of the Corporations and the Wall Street donors.

The reptilians and many Dems are bought and owned by the Big Money. They could care less about the people except to play lip service during an election year.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer-Kissinger
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired.-Swift

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

Heard Chris Coons, Dem senator from DE interviewed this morning. He was saying that a main sticking point with Reps over the stimulus bill is aid to state and local governments. He said Dems are concerned that states and localities are the first line of defense with health care and other necessary public services during this emergency. States and localities can't do deficit spending like the feds.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by featureless »

TrueTexan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 pm
featureless wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:17 pm
But,But But Think of the Corporations and the Wall Street donors.

The reptilians and many Dems are bought and owned by the Big Money. They could care less about the people except to play lip service during an election year.
Right you are!