Trump has a new excuse for why Congress can’t see his tax returns

Donald Trump continues to resist efforts by investigators to obtain his tax returns.

"Donald Trump said a New York law enabling Congress to ask for his state tax returns no longer applies because he isn't president. The law, known as the Trust Act, allows the state to share the president's tax information with a congressional committee that asks for it. Trump sued the House and Ways and Means Committee to block it from requesting information," Bloomberg News reported Monday.

Trump's lawyers told U.S. District Judge Carl J. Nichols the law "does not apply to former presidents."

The filing is however an admission that he is not president anymore.

"Trump had also sued the New York attorney general's office and the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to block them from handing over the information to Congress," Bloomberg News reported. "Nichols dismissed the case against the New York defendants, saying he had no jurisdiction over them, but said that Trump could file his lawsuit in that state. The case against the House Ways and Means Committee was allowed to go on."
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-t ... -congress/

The 1924 law gives the House Ways and Means Committee Chairman the power to request and view anybody's tax records in a closed session.

He Claims to still be president due to an Illegal election, but then claims to to be a former president when it suits him. He must be bipolar on this when it is in his favor. I'm president due to an illegal election, send me your money. I'm former president and the laws don't apply to me when it could cost me money of jail time.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Trump has a new excuse for why Congress can’t see his tax returns

F4FEver wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:02 am
FrontSight wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm I'm enjoying watching Trump become less and less relevant.
Would love to see trump the traitor's name in the Obits..

Better still: as a prisoner in New York State or Federal prison (prefer the former--if the ReThugs take the WH in 2024, TFG would be pardoned--but not in NYS!)
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Trump has a new excuse for why Congress can’t see his tax returns

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:15 am
F4FEver wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:02 am
FrontSight wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm I'm enjoying watching Trump become less and less relevant.
Would love to see trump the traitor's name in the Obits..

Better still: as a prisoner in New York State or Federal prison (prefer the former--if the ReThugs take the WH in 2024, TFG would be pardoned--but not in NYS!)
The fate of Bernie Madoff shall belong to the orange spirochete.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack