Next Range Day/ First Service Event

Moderators: shinzen, admin, Inquisitor, AmirMortal, 321FLSurfer, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

321FLSurfer
Grizzled Veteran

Next Range Day/ First Service Event

#1 Post by 321FLSurfer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Looking for recommendations for a range for an event in March. Amir and I have discussed doing a steel challenge/USPSA style event. What do we think?

Also in April I want do our first service event, looking at Habitat for Humanity, Tampa Bay Coalition for the Homeless, Meals on Wheels, or audience suggestion. Thoughts, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard

jarrett
Helpful Contributor

Re: Next Range Day/ First Service Event

#2 Post by jarrett » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 am

Steel challenge sounds good to me. Where is it and how much.

321FLSurfer
Grizzled Veteran

#3 Post by 321FLSurfer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:25 am

Looks like Wyoming antelope club in st. Pete on March 17, St Paddys

Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

IYAOYAS
Helpful Contributor

#4 Post by IYAOYAS » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Sorry we missed the last range day. We had already signed up for a CCW class. Though after talking with my GF and letting her know that the LGC range day was going on, she said she would have rather done that. Gotta luv a girl who luvs to shoot!

As far as a location may I suggest somewhere near the center of the state? Also, do we have proposed dates as of yet? The social calendar fills up fast, and the further out we can plan, the better.

321FLSurfer
Grizzled Veteran

#5 Post by 321FLSurfer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:50 pm

IYAOYAS wrote:Sorry we missed the last range day. We had already signed up for a CCW class. Though after talking with my GF and letting her know that the LGC range day was going on, she said she would have rather done that. Gotta luv a girl who luvs to shoot!

As far as a location may I suggest somewhere near the center of the state? Also, do we have proposed dates as of yet? The social calendar fills up fast, and the further out we can plan, the better.
Welcome! I know Central Florida rifle and pistol club in Orlando hosts several run and gun style events, Ive gone to several they are always fun. I’ll have to check their calendar and get back to you.

IYAOYAS
Helpful Contributor

#6 Post by IYAOYAS » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:29 pm

321FLSurfer wrote:
IYAOYAS wrote:Sorry we missed the last range day. We had already signed up for a CCW class. Though after talking with my GF and letting her know that the LGC range day was going on, she said she would have rather done that. Gotta luv a girl who luvs to shoot!

Welcome! I know Central Florida rifle and pistol club in Orlando hosts several run and gun style events, Ive gone to several they are always fun. I’ll have to check their calendar and get back to you.

Looking forward to figuring something out. R/ Bill

321FLSurfer
Grizzled Veteran

#7 Post by 321FLSurfer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Ok so heres the update on action steel; CFLRPC has an event next weekend, but i dont think thats enough time to get everyone organized. So we have two other choices- Wyoming Antelope Club (St. Petersburg) hosts one on March 17, Universal Shooting Academy (Frostproof) hosts one on April 7. I am going to set up a poll for these two events and see which one is more popular, im also going to set up a poll for the service event. Please vote, our democracy needs you!

321FLSurfer
Grizzled Veteran

#8 Post by 321FLSurfer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Thanks to everyone that voted. April 7th in Frostproof is the winner. I will announce on FB as well.