Re: Fondled a CZ 97 today

FlyGuy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:54 am Bucolic, you inspired me to visit my LGS. Damn you! The place isn't know for having CZ's in stock. Maybe the occasional P-10 or compact something or other. Although, that is where I found my CZ-75 High Polish. Nonetheless, lying there there in the cabinet was a CZC A1-LD. I was in awe! If you have never seen one, you need to. These come out of their custom shop. What a brilliant piece of machinery. The $2500 price tag kept it there on the shelf, but talk about smooth, comfortable, heavy, and just all around nice gun.

Built from scratch at CZ Custom, the A01 is the evolution of the Shadow series as Angus would have done it. The frame is the star of the show and is hammer-forged, CNC-machined and then blued. Very obvious is its massively heavy dustcover which kills both recoil and muzzle rise. With a deep beavertail, undercut triggerguard, raised 25 LPI checkering and an internal magwell, it combines classic CZ 75 ergonomics with purposedriven features ideal for competition.
https://cz-usa.com/product/czc-a01-ld/

Wow, custom made CZ - 9mm 19+1. Two down sides, it's heavy 51.2 oz and it has a manual safety and not a decocker. A beautiful creature !
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

FlyGuy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:54 am Nonetheless, lying there there in the cabinet was a CZC A1-LD.
Interesting. I'm glad to say I don't spend enough time loitering around the CZ website to have seen this before. It looks like someone forgot to machine the rail out of the frame. Could be seen as an amusing swipe at the tacticool gang: I have enough steel here for a rail, but, no.

I just can't get behind a >$1000 handgun with a fixed rear sight. The Black and Blue Shadow 2 still fascinates me. Maybe next year...
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

lsj74 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 pm I have never handled a 97 but I hear they are big and heavy
I would rather have the 85 combat.
Adjustable sights and if I'm not mistaken there is no firing pin block so the trigger should be slightly better.
Is a firing pin block part of the decocker mechanism?

Pomme wrote:
lsj74 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 pm I have never handled a 97 but I hear they are big and heavy
Adjustable sights and if I'm not mistaken there is no firing pin block so the trigger should be slightly better.
I think the model was a BD so decocker and block. But I am not sure how they might be mechanically coupled.

In re the A1, after due consideration and the lack of adjustable sights, it is too rich for my blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucolic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 am In re the A1, after due consideration and the lack of adjustable sights, it is too rich for my blood.
That's a third downside unless it could be ordered exactly the way I'd want. Still a steep price, I've seen them for around $1800 but that's still too much.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I'm sorry if I turned this tread into something different than the subject line with all the talk about the CZC A1

I just want to clarify for the record, I hate you, I now have to own a 97. This means I have to lose a gun I already own. Sacrilege, yes; border line insanity, yes, but I have made a deal with myself(um, and the Spouse) that I would limit the number of guns I own. I don't want to cross that "CRAZY ARSENAL" number. However, my LGS keeps trying to convince me that since we are married, she owns half of everything and now my number is reduced.

Sooo....what do y'all think?
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

I agree that you need to prorate that number perhaps by as much as a half. But you should do so very quietly, or risk marital rage.

Sorry I brought up the 97, but since I’m not buying it myself, I needed to enjoy it vicariously through somebody.

At this point I’m still considering one, but I’m also considering the Dan Wesson Bruin that’s languishing at my favorite LGS.

FlyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:25 am I'm sorry if I turned this tread into something different than the subject line with all the talk about the CZC A1

I just want to clarify for the record, I hate you, I now have to own a 97. This means I have to lose a gun I already own. Sacrilege, yes; border line insanity, yes, but I have made a deal with myself(um, and the Spouse) that I would limit the number of guns I own. I don't want to cross that "CRAZY ARSENAL" number. However, my LGS keeps trying to convince me that since we are married, she owns half of everything and now my number is reduced.

Sooo....what do y'all think?
Afraid to ask, but....

What is the "CRAZY ARSENAL" number? Asking for a friend.

EDIT: I just realized you are in Texas, so that number should be triple digits, right?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:27 pm What is the "CRAZY ARSENAL" number? Asking for a friend.
I think in Georgia, it's in the tripple digits.

In California, it's the square root of 2, or 1, whichever is the smaller number, minus 1, unless you're LEO or retired LEO, then this guideline does not apply. Wish it was sarcasm.

Bucolic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 am
Pomme wrote:
I think the model was a BD so decocker and block. But I am not sure how they might be mechanically coupled.

In re the A1, after due consideration and the lack of adjustable sights, it is too rich for my blood.

The firing pin block is separate from the decocker.
I have a 75 BD and a SP01 with a standard safety and they both use the same kind of firing pin block.

offensivename wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 am
FlyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:25 am my LGS keeps trying to convince me that since we are married, she owns half of everything and now my number is reduced.
That logic holds up.
You in a community property state? If you share things evenly, and then half of yours is hers. You therefore only have 25%. Way more room under the cap now.

highdesert wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:07 am
FlyGuy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:54 am Bucolic, you inspired me to visit my LGS. Damn you! The place isn't know for having CZ's in stock. Maybe the occasional P-10 or compact something or other. Although, that is where I found my CZ-75 High Polish. Nonetheless, lying there there in the cabinet was a CZC A1-LD. I was in awe! If you have never seen one, you need to. These come out of their custom shop. What a brilliant piece of machinery. The $2500 price tag kept it there on the shelf, but talk about smooth, comfortable, heavy, and just all around nice gun.

Built from scratch at CZ Custom, the A01 is the evolution of the Shadow series as Angus would have done it. The frame is the star of the show and is hammer-forged, CNC-machined and then blued. Very obvious is its massively heavy dustcover which kills both recoil and muzzle rise. With a deep beavertail, undercut triggerguard, raised 25 LPI checkering and an internal magwell, it combines classic CZ 75 ergonomics with purposedriven features ideal for competition.
https://cz-usa.com/product/czc-a01-ld/

Wow, custom made CZ - 9mm 19+1. Two down sides, it's heavy 51.2 oz and it has a manual safety and not a decocker. A beautiful creature !
I might give my left testicle for that gun - the one that hangs down too far.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I have one with the full set of CGW goodies including trigger job and slide machining to fit a 1911-style barrel bushing.

It’s a lot of fun at the range. I don’t see myself using it for any real-world applications.

If you don’t have big hands, it probably won’t be a good fit.