My personal favorite handgun

Reviews and discussion of handguns.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: My personal favorite handgun

Post by Bisbee »

Having seen pictures now, I'm more certain than ever that there will never be peace in the house so long as the Sig and Dan Wesson 1911 are sitting in the same safe.

The man is flirting with disaster.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Bucolic »

Bisbee wrote:OMG, Bucolic, that is one attractive German harlot!
Not only is she provocative, she has a very complex personality. Taking her apart is like a puzzle. Beautiful, intricate machining but the weirdest spongy trigger ever. An enigma.

Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Bucolic »

Bisbee wrote:Having seen pictures now, I'm more certain than ever that there will never be peace in the house so long as the Sig and Dan Wesson 1911 are sitting in the same safe.

The man is flirting with disaster.
What could possibly go wrong? I once successfully dated two women contemporaneously. One carried a stiletto. Still have all my body parts (but there is that nagging nervous tic...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Bisbee »

Oh noooooo! Impossible. There should be no such thing as a spongy 1911 trigger! You are describing an alternate universe on the other side of a black hole. It shouldn’t exist based on our current scientific understanding.

You must be wrong. Clearly a man with an undiagnosed penchant for self-destruction.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member

My personal favorite handgun

Post by Bucolic »

I was talking about the Luger. So sorry. The Sig’s trigger is fabulous. I would write a sonnet about it if I felt like waxing poetic.

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Bisbee »

You are still a far more dangerous man than I dare to dream of.
The few women I know who own stilettos only wear them on their feet...
:laugh:
naomihatta.jpg

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Post by DispositionMatrix »

BillyRaysMullet wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:02 am
https://ibb.co/4PRDj8W

Ok, so we all know this shouldn't really be a handgun, but by legal definition it is. It's a Zastava ZPAP92 (the current iteration of the M92PAP previously imported by Century Arms, a semi auto clone of the Serbian/ Yugoslavian M92 carbine, minus the stock). I filed a form 1 and intend to install an underfolding stock on it. It's a range toy, and a really fun one at that. Accuracy from the bench is nothing to write home about (roughly 3.75 inch groups at 100 yards), and it's a bit more front heavy than I expected, but it's damn maneuverable! I didn't think I would like a red dot mounted so far forward, but it's actually very nice.

Most shooting I do with this thing is 20-50 yards. Once I install a KNS gas piston I suspect this will be my go-to gun for competition type shooting. I absolutely love this thing, possibly my favorite AK to date.

Img tags not working.
Is that the non-bulged trunion? For me, the OEM tiny grip had to go. I usually change them out on AK-pattern firearms anyway--even my SAM7SF on which I had to accommodate the ambi safety. The Zastava works well with an SBA3 brace using a ZABTA adapter. So easy to handle in tight quarters and a lot of fun on a CoF set up for it. I was more partial to the bulkier 1.5mm receiver variant of the ZPAP92.

BillyRaysMullet
Helpful Contributor

Post by BillyRaysMullet »

Yeah, I got the 1mm version. The RPK style receiver wasn't available when I bought this one, but unlike the original M92's it does have the chrome lining. Honestly, I'm ok with the 1mm version. The barrels on these things are thick enough that whatever weight was saved by cutting the barrel length was made up and then some with the extra thickness. This thing weighs more than my WASR does despite the barrel being 6" shorter. But it's compactness and maneuverability make up for the extra pound or two. The pistol grip doesn't really bother me, it's substantially beefier than the pistol grips most other AK variants leave their respective factories with, but not too bulky either. Which is fine with me, I have small hands anyways. Thinking about getting the M85/ZPAP85 once I finish the yugo kits in the garage. If the market settles the shit down that is.

FlyGuy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by FlyGuy »

BillyRaysMullet wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:19 pm
Nice Scorpion! I've been wanting one for a while but have yet to convince myself to get one. How do you like it?
Even before the addition of the suppressor, it was fun and accurate. The trigger takes a lot of getting used to, but other than that, I highly recommend everyone should have one. It is a nice start to the SMG collection.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

DamnYankee
Been around awhile

Post by DamnYankee »

[/quote]
Is that the non-bulged trunion? For me, the OEM tiny grip had to go.[/quote]

Me too. I’ve tried different after market grips but have settled on the Magpul. Seems like it fits my hand the best.

OP, I like that set up, and agree with your comments re the utility of these guns. Also love those 4 piece Bulgarian brakes. I have them on both of my M92Paps. Why 2? Ultimately one will go to one kid and one to the other. I need to get off the fence and either stamp them or invest in nicer braces like the SBA3. The original shockwave blade style is fine but doesn’t look as nice.

BillyRaysMullet
Helpful Contributor

Post by BillyRaysMullet »

FlyGuy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:18 am
BillyRaysMullet wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:19 pm
Nice Scorpion! I've been wanting one for a while but have yet to convince myself to get one. How do you like it?
Even before the addition of the suppressor, it was fun and accurate. The trigger takes a lot of getting used to, but other than that, I highly recommend everyone should have one. It is a nice start to the SMG collection.
I still haven't got into the PCC market. I considered doing a 9mm AR, but somehow my lowers always wind up in rifle calibers. I looked at a scorpion prior to the current surge of panic buying, but I feel like there's no way in hell I'm gonna afford one now.
DamnYankee wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 am
OP, I like that set up, and agree with your comments re the utility of these guns. Also love those 4 piece Bulgarian brakes. I have them on both of my M92Paps. Why 2? Ultimately one will go to one kid and one to the other. I need to get off the fence and either stamp them or invest in nicer braces like the SBA3. The original shockwave blade style is fine but doesn’t look as nice.

I opted for the SBA4. I heard it was stiffer, making it a bit more useful for totally only occasionally shouldering.

What way are you thinking of going for SBR? Underfolder or Sidefolder?

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Post by DispositionMatrix »

DamnYankee wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 am
Me too. I’ve tried different after market grips but have settled on the Magpul. Seems like it fits my hand the best.
I tend to like Hogues for the pistol grip. Although I've been happy with the OEM dark wood foregrip on the pistol, Magpul provides a larger, more practical grip surface that works very well with the pistol and AK-pattern rifles. Some are purists when it comes to furniture, but I think it's best to use what works for the user. It should be no surprise a 70+ year-old design based on being cheap to manufacture could benefit from a few modern upgrades. https://media.mwstatic.com/product-imag ... width=2200

DamnYankee
Been around awhile

Post by DamnYankee »

The two Dracos are side folders. They shoulder well and are plenty compact. but are a little bulkier width wise. For the Yugo’s I was thinking underfolders. Don’t know that I have the skills to do it right. Probably just as well. Not seeing a lot of available yugo uf stocks out there these days. Down side is the cheek weld isn’t very comfortable.

I originally had a Hogue grip on the full size Draco. Cool thing about those is the different kits you can get. Batteries, vial of gun oil, etc.

Hasaf
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hasaf »

This one has worked itself into the place of favourite.

I like my CZ, but it isn't a favourite.

curiocarrier
Helpful Contributor

Post by curiocarrier »

I can never pick a favorite, so, my, more or less, ww2 collection
Attachments
IMG_0225.JPG

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by lurker »

senorgrand wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 pm
s&w 627 --- x8 .357, next to my second favorite, 617 --x10 22lr.
let me guess, your motto is "come and take them". (the paper, that is)

wlewisiii
Carpal Tunnel

Post by wlewisiii »

FlyGuy wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 pm
By your definition of pistol, this is my favorites...
Scorpion Evo 3.png
Scorpion? That's not a Scorpion...
Submachine_gun_vz61.jpg
THIS is a Scorpion! ( Škorpion vz. 61 that is :) My ultimate NFA grail item.

That said, my favorite handgun is either my current Tristar S120 CZ clone or a 3" barreled S&W Model 13.

Though a Luger is extremely tempting :whistle:
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White