TOZ 35M from Bud's Gun Shop

After trying out a TOZ 35M Free Pistol a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get one for myself. Bud's had them in stock in two configurations; A "New Very Good" version, and a "Used Excellent" version. The new gun came with a fancy wood box, tools, and a bunch of spare parts. The used gun came with no box, tools, or spare parts. Both came with three huge pieces of firewood that the handy shooter is supposed to be able to turn into grips.

It turns out that "Very Good" and "Excellent" are technical terms indicating how well the gun performed when test-fired. My gun was a "V" gun, with the test target scoring 88/100. I believe that "X" guns score at least 90/100.

The pistol has a Martini falling-block action that looks as solid as Gibraltar. The trigger is adjustable from some very small number of grams up to about 2 ounces. The gun is designed to be dry-fired without damage. It's definitely a do-it-yourself proposition to get the gun into shootable condition - It's caked with dried grease and needs to be completely disassembled and reassembled before use, besides not coming with any usable grips.

HOWEVER, once the gun is in working condition, you've got yourself a sweet shooter. Bullets land exactly where you put them. It's an uncanny experience to shoot a pistol that shoots as accurately as a rifle.
TOZ-35-Grips.jpg

For ~ $500, the TOZ 35M is a bargain for the pistol shooter who craves the "Olympic 50M" experience!
Pimp-My-TOZ.jpg
More to come in about a month when I finish whittling down the grips.