Sig Sauer P365

I am a huge SIG fan, but not a huge striker fan. I really don't NEED the P365 but I really want one. I will wait for reviews and some time to pass. I assume the street price will drop after the marketing hype settles down. But I want one! Thoughts?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-nit ... mpact.html

CALIBER

9mm Luger

ACTION TYPE

Semi-Auto

FRAME SIZE

Micro-Compact

GRIP TYPE

Polymer

FRAME FINISH

Stainless Steel

FRAME MATERIAL

Stainless Steel

SLIDE FINISH

Nitron

SLIDE MATERIAL

Stainless Steel

ACCESSORY RAIL

N/A

TRIGGER

Striker

TRIGGER TYPE

Standard

BARREL LENGTH

3.1 in (78 mm)

OVERALL LENGTH

5.8 in (148 mm)

OVERALL WIDTH

1.0 in (27 mm)

HEIGHT

4.3 in (109 mm)

WEIGHT

17.8 oz (500 g)
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Sig Sauer P365

Interesting that they're saying it's a double stack. I wonder if it's really a staggered single stack, or stack and a half as I like to call it, like the CZ 97.

I'll probably end up with one of these if the price is right and they release one with a thumb safety.

Bang wrote:Interesting that they're saying it's a double stack. I wonder if it's really a staggered single stack, or stack and a half as I like to call it, like the CZ 97.

I'll probably end up with one of these if the price is right and they release one with a thumb safety.
Doubtful on the thumb safeties. Sig's designs have always been at the very most a decocker, which is good enough considering the long trigger pull for DA.
LGC Texas - Vice President

atxgunguy wrote:
Bang wrote:Interesting that they're saying it's a double stack. I wonder if it's really a staggered single stack, or stack and a half as I like to call it, like the CZ 97.

Doubtful on the thumb safeties. Sig's designs have always been at the very most a decocker, which is good enough considering the long trigger pull for DA.
This one is striker fired, so definitely no decocker and looks like no safety as well. The capacity is interesting though...

This describes all double stack mags. A magazine with enough room for two cartridges to actually sit side-by-side wouldn't work. Sometimes the overlap is more, sometimes less, but there is always some.

Bang wrote:
willa1975 wrote: After a CZ97.
Well what are you waiting for, buy one already!
Problem: "Coming to a retailer near you................................soon!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Bang wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:
Bang wrote:
willa1975 wrote: After a CZ97.
Well what are you waiting for, buy one already!
Problem: "Coming to a retailer near you................................soon!"
I mean, they can order them.
I have a custom one on order.

The waiting is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ruger and S&W would not be too far behind in coming up with their own ultraslim double stack 9mm. I fully expect an M&P Shield 3.0 with a double stack mag in about a year, so I'm not in a hurry to get a P365.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Bang wrote:
willa1975 wrote:I have a custom one on order.

The waiting is killing me.

Did you go with polycoat or blued? What kind of grips?
Ordered from Cajun Gun Works.

Going with a hard chrome finish. Standard black grips for now, might switch them out in the future. Anticipating this general look...

Had occasion to fire one of these over the weekend. In the interest of full disclosure, I am partial to SIGs. They're the only pistol I've owned. I am not a striker fan.

Of all the mouse guns I've fired, this was superior, by an order of magnitude. The trigger was consistent at, I am guessing, just under five pounds. Short reset. The sights were very bright and target acquisition was quite fast. For a short barreled pistol it is amazingly accurate; using a rest I created a 5 round - sub 1 inch group at 20 yards, free handed, and firing at a rate of 1.5 - 2 seconds per round or so, a five round group of about 3 inches (well, actually it was a vertical line that wavered just slightly off of being straight that was about three inches long) ...which really sort of rivals what I can do on a good day with a 229 at that distance.

The grip, with the extended ten round magazine, was okay... It's thin to my hands. I found the magazine release a bit awkward but not something that would dissuade a decision to purchase on its own.

The damn thing is light, and to these arthritic hands it was sort of painful to shoot, but not nearly as painful as their 238 or 938, or the Glock, Ruger, and S&W mousers.

Reading the literature from SIG, they claim it has a stainless frame, but I could swear that the frame on this was p!astic. It's on loan to the range I was using and I wasn't comfortable stripping it down to look at its insides...or giving it a scratch test. Next time I am out there, I'll bring a magnet. I think that SIG is referencing some internal structure as the "frame" while calling the part that I would refer to as the frame the "receiver/grip module".

The jury is still out. I prefer something heavier and bigger, like the 239, which is what the 365 would replace if I went that direction. But, as with everything SIG, I've learned to wait until the second or third generation so that they can work the bugs out.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed