Re: Shiny!

Yeah, don't worry about jams until you run several bricks (at least 1,500 rounds) through the gun. Keep it clean and lubed but the Ruger should be a very forging gun for ammo by design. Just get some federal bulk and plink away for cheap thrills to break it in.
The loaded indicator was never an issue for my MKIII. Loved the gun but sold it to fund the fun fund; was getting into reloading if I recall.
F-ff-f?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Wow! Those mangled rounds look nasty! Something is definitely not right. Do you have a second magazine you could try using?
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Meh, that's what happens when the rounds tilts up as it's stripped from the magazine. Instead of sliding into the chamber, the tilted up nose hits the top of barrel chamber edge and catches while the bolt smashes in from behind.

If it continues, mark the magazine that this happens to. It could be the follower or possibly the mmagazine lips or even the spring, but if it only happens on one mag then you limited it to the mag... if it happens with both then something else.

These always come with 2 mags. I've had good luck w aftermarket mags from Mec-gar.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi